Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: uberlather

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    562

    Default uberlather

    I just made some uberlather this morning and it was amazing. I was in lather nirvana. I thought my lather abilities were at their peak but I was wrong. Also my shave has been the closest yet with a cartridge. Even my problem areas were at least DFS quality. I feel like I am so close to the perfect shave. Enough of me being giddy as a school girl over my shave. Carry on.
    Between death and dying, there is me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    19,468
    Images
    40

    Default

    As you can tell by my posts, I am a big fan of uberlather. I have been shaving with both creams and soaps for a long time and on rare occasions combined the two. Then I saw a post from Robert (BladeRunner001) wrote about using uberlather, tried it, and now this is my normal lather. I find that it makes the slickest and richest lather - bar none. In fact, I have yet to find a combo that does not work.
    Jim P. - St. Petersburg, FL

    ackvil (at) badgerandblade.com

    Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

    "Winning is
    like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."
    Jack Kemp

    “Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open.” Words of advice from my late mother.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    562
    Thread Starter

    Default

    I wonder if it would work with williams? That might be the long lost secret of williams. lol
    Between death and dying, there is me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Twilight Zone
    Posts
    3,768

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ackvil View Post
    As you can tell by my posts, I am a big fan of uberlather. I have been shaving with both creams and soaps for a long time and on rare occasions combined the two. Then I saw a post from Robert (BladeRunner001) wrote about using uberlather, tried it, and now this is my normal lather. I find that it makes the slickest and richest lather - bar none. In fact, I have yet to find a combo that does not work.
    Thank you kindly sir. It is my normal routine as well. There are some cremes that are über-ish by themselves (Al Raz' Da Bamb series being one, Tabac soap another), but I still like mixing. What I really enjoy doing these days is mixing Tallow soaps with glycerin based cremes (and a few drops of glycerin). You get the amazing best of both worlds...super

    Quote Originally Posted by Voomie View Post
    I wonder if it would work with williams? That might be the long lost secret of williams. lol
    There's only one way to know...try it and see . I have not tried Williams
    Cheers,
    Robert

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voomie View Post
    I just made some uberlather this morning and it was amazing. I was in lather nirvana. I thought my lather abilities were at their peak but I was wrong. Also my shave has been the closest yet with a cartridge. Even my problem areas were at least DFS quality. I feel like I am so close to the perfect shave. Enough of me being giddy as a school girl over my shave. Carry on.
    How did you make the uberlather?

    --------------------------------------
    one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything
    Occam's Razor-Keep it simple stupid!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    562
    Thread Starter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shumanfoo View Post
    How did you make the uberlather?
    I used some VDH soap, some cream from the body shop and a small splash of glycerin. What I ended up with was so thick, slick and creamy that whipped cream would have been jealous.
    Between death and dying, there is me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Llantwit Fardre, Wales.
    Posts
    2,487

    Default

    I bought some glycerin and tried thiscant see me using it every shave, but when i feel like a huge lather hit

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    562
    Thread Starter

    Default

    It is definitely good as a secret weapon for when you need those perfect shaves.
    Between death and dying, there is me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voomie View Post
    I used some VDH soap, some cream from the body shop and a small splash of glycerin. What I ended up with was so thick, slick and creamy that whipped cream would have been jealous.
    Not to sound too newebie, but where do you buy the glycerin?

    --------------------------------------
    one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything
    Occam's Razor-Keep it simple stupid!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    562
    Thread Starter

    Default

    I bought mine at walmart next to ban-aids and rubbing alcohol. Also there should be witch hazel in that section if you are interested in trying that as well.
    Between death and dying, there is me.

  11. #11

    Default

    I agree bladerunner's genius idea is magic. I now mix Body Shop mac a root cream with palmolive stick and a dash of glycerin and the lather is just out of this world

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montréal, Canada
    Posts
    37,507

    Default

    Good work on the Uberlather!

    This thread was also good to describe it: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137352
    Cheers, Luc - My Gear(Wiki) - Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    19,468
    Images
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shumanfoo View Post
    Not to sound too newebie, but where do you buy the glycerin?

    --------------------------------------
    one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything
    You can also buy it at grocery stores, GNC, and pharmacies. It is usually in the first aid section for some reason so the best bet is to ask customer service where it is kept.
    Jim P. - St. Petersburg, FL

    ackvil (at) badgerandblade.com

    Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

    "Winning is
    like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."
    Jack Kemp

    “Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open.” Words of advice from my late mother.

Similar Threads

  1. Uberlather
    By Luc in forum Main
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 04:31 AM
  2. Uberlather & a new feather... oh my!
    By cpm in forum General Shaving Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 07:18 AM
  3. First Uberlather, Proraso + VDH
    By nortac in forum Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 09:48 AM
  4. The ultimate uberlather?
    By Bloomey in forum General Shaving Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 02:05 PM
  5. What is uberlather?
    By Mryanwalker in forum General Shaving Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.