What's new

Old Spice shaving soap and mug

As a newbie, I hope you folks will indulge me --

Am I understanding correctly that Old Spice no longer markets their shaving soap and mugs???

Thanks,
Earl
Clovis, NM USA

As a newbie, I hope you folks will indulge me --

Am I understanding correctly that Old Spice no longer markets their shaving soap and mugs???

Thanks,
Earl
Clovis, NM USA

Correct. The Old Spice Soap, and Mugs have not been made for quite some time. The shaving soap is heavily prized, and considered by many to be tallow awesomeness!!

If you ever find the soap for a good price, snatch it up!! :tongue_sm

It was my go to soap for many years and is a wonderful product. I am not certain when it was actually discontinued by P&G but I could not find it in my area about fifteen years ago. I have had the occasional lucky find in my travels.

Regards,

Doug

Geez, I must have slept through it all! Still using my Old Spice mug that I bought new some years ago, I've always thought I could replace it if I ever dropped it or whatever. I figured the soap MUST still be available, but haven't been able to find it for a while. Had no idea it had been discontinued, and the same for Gillette DE razors. I'm starting to feel like Rip Van Winkle...

Sadly, it's gone. It's one of my absolute favorites too.

I have a mug with the original soap still sealed in it's original package. I'm not sure if I should use it or sell it to finance my kids college.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Geez, I must have slept through it all! Still using my Old Spice mug that I bought new some years ago, I've always thought I could replace it if I ever dropped it or whatever. I figured the soap MUST still be available, but haven't been able to find it for a while. Had no idea it had been discontinued, and the same for Gillette DE razors. I'm starting to feel like Rip Van Winkle...

Welcome to the beginning of the Shavepocalypse Rip! :lol:

It was discountinued somewhere around 1992 or 93. I ended up purchasing 3 pucks at the local Eckerd's from their clearance table for around $3 each. Ended up selling them here on the BST within the last week. Since I knew they were discontinued, I couldn't bring myself to use them-so I sold them to some guys who would. Was my favorite soap, back before I knew about all of the other products available out there.

You can still find the mugs at your local flea markets and/or antique stores. I see a couple of Old Spice mugs once a month or so.

Beerman

Does anybody know -- did "Old Spice" manufacture the soap, or did they contract that out to somebody else?

And, if it was contracted out, then it seems like SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE must be able to produce it according to the original recipe. Right?

Good question. I'd always assumed that Shulton made the soap, but I have no idea if that's true.

Maybe it's like AOS, and somebody else made the soap.

I wondered the same thing about the vintage Barbershop soap I just got since it seems to be a dead ringer for Williams. I emailed Old Spice about a mug I got that had no graphics on it and I got a nice response from them. Might be worth sending them an email.

Good question. I'd always assumed that Shulton made the soap, but I have no idea if that's true.

Maybe it's like AOS, and somebody else made the soap.

I often wondered about that myself.

I use an Old Spice Mug but since the soap is so ridiculously priced when U can find it I load the mug with VDH or Williams.....both work fine :thumbup1:
Wp

it must be you guys... the price on dbay for OS soap is gotten OUTRAGEOUS - seemingly (and especially) in the last couple weeks.

It's not my fault.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The question at the bottom of the auction may tell the tale;

Q: Hi! In the second picture the mug looks pure white, i.e. not cream/custard/off-white/etc. Am I seeing that correctly? I've been looking for a NEW white mug for a while now. Please let me know. Thanks! Rich

So, the white one (being not so common,) and a guy who's been looking for one for a while = insane bidding

The question at the bottom of the auction may tell the tale;

Q: Hi! In the second picture the mug looks pure white, i.e. not cream/custard/off-white/etc. Am I seeing that correctly? I've been looking for a NEW white mug for a while now. Please let me know. Thanks! Rich

So, the white one (being not so common,) and a guy who's been looking for one for a while = insane bidding

...I guess.

...Think I'll go take a look at one o' my NIB mugs.... There was a second bidder there @ $95, wasn't there?!??!!??!!?

Top Bottom