What's new

Cigars to try?

Howdy all,

So I've been enjoying a few good cigars lately. Mostly Cohibas, Montecristos, and Romeo y Juliettas. Now dont get me wrong they are fine cigars, but they can get a bit pricey after a while.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a few nice cigars that wont break the bank too much. Of course i dont mind spending the big bucks for the cohibas and others once and a while I'm just looking for something i can smoke more of everyday.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say,
Thanks for the helps guys!

Perdomo makes a darn fine cigar (in champagne or maduro) and for an affordable price. I know friends who have had some good luck with the Partagas lines, as well. Consider buying by the box to keep prices down, especially at auction.

I like the Perdomo line, those are definitely cheaper than what you have been smoking. I feel the quality is still there too. Also check out the Rocky Patel line. I recently been smoking those more frequently and they are good!

You being in Canada, pretty much ALL cigars will be expensive. But hey, at least Cubans are legal there.

Tatuaje's Havana line (red bands), Casa Magna, Padron X000 series (any) are all good lower priced non-Cubans.

I get Jose L. Piedra Brevas in sometimes, Cuban machine-mades. Not a stellar cigar, but a darn good one, especially at about a buck and a half each. I smoke 'em when I mow the lawn. :wink2:

NANP™

Cigar International (CI) Copper Label from their Legend Series from Drew Estates. Awesome little smoke with a sweetened end cap from Drew Estates.

NESTOR rated 91 and not expensive

maduro (chocolate color ) wrapper, white band.

maybe a buck fifty a stick, lovely flavor profile. and box pressed torpedo, my favorite. 50 ring size.

cant go wrong ordering from CI "Cigars International"

Give the Nestor Placencia a try, you wont regret it.

If you can get your hands on Cu Avanna maduro I think you would be suprised how nice a smoke they are for the price.

Partagas maduro are always a good bet, and for a real cheap good tasting everyday cigar, Baccarat's aren't bad.

Good tasting, cheap cigars are machine-made Dutch cigars. Brands like Oud Kampen and Justus van Maurik really make a quality cigar at a very affordable price. The Oud Kampen 'La Donna' panatella is lovely just as the Justus van Maurik short, thin cigarillos are great.

I just had an good time with a Rocky Patel American Select recently. I got some 6x 60s but you can go for a smaller set. They are mild, but sweeter than usual. I do like to smoke Acid Blues but sometimes enjoy a more traditional smoke from time to time.

The secret really is to age them a few years before smoking. Some cigars taste so much better aged at least 2-5 years. So plan ahead.

However, the American Selects were good from day one.

Top Bottom