What's new

What a phenomenal shave!!

I've been using my Slim set at 3 for quite a while. Tonight for some reason I got a wild hair and said what the heck, I dialed my Slim up to 9 and slammed a Feather in it and......WOW!! What a awesome shave. I can't stop faceturbating. I'm curious, has anybody else experienced a Feather on 9 in a Slim? and got a real good shave from it?

Well, Sharks are my go to blade. Feathers are sharper, no doubt, but in the YMMV world of blades, Sharks hit the sharpness/smoothness/price sweet spot for me.

Well, Sharks are my go to blade. Feathers are sharper, no doubt, but in the YMMV world of blades, Sharks hit the sharpness/smoothness/price sweet spot for me.

Cool, thanks Top I'm going to have to pick some up! (I like the price sweet spot!) and smoothness too!

Last edited:
You make a great point about dialing up that Slim. I think a lot of shavers creep up to a five or so and stop because they get good shaves there.

Great shaves may be up at the top of the dial waiting for you, but you'll never know unless you try it.

You make a great point about dialing up that Slim. I think a lot of shavers creep up to a five or so and stop because they get good shaves there.

Great shaves may be up at the top of the dial waiting for you, but you'll never know unless you try it.

I agree 100%

This is exactly where I am with my Slim. I need to dial it up and see where it takes me. I'll try out 9 on Sunday since that is my leisurely shave day where I can take as long as I like.

I, too, used a Feather in my Slim yesterday. Set it on 7, as that seems to be my sweet spot with both the Slim and Fatboy. Closest, smoothest shave I've had in a bit.

I too dialed up the Slim to 9 today to see what the shave would be like. Using a Red IP (4th shave on it) and the go to Cella I was very impressed. It only took 2 passes on the neck/jawline area that usually need buffing to feel decent.

I don't know if I'm man enough to give a Feather at 9 a whirl quite yet. That definitely raises the pucker factor.

Used my slim on 9 with a Red Personna for a quick single pass this evening. Very impressed with the results and I can see how you guys are getting great shaves this way. I'll try it out for multiple passes tomorrow.

If i want the ultimate BBS shave I throw a feather in a merkur futur and set it to 3 and do a 3 pass shave. But I usually end up with a cut or two going that route.

Great, just great, I took everyone's advice and dialed my Fatboy up to 9. Now look what happened!

Just kiddn' -- Happy Halloween Everyone! :w00t:

Top Bottom