What's new

What the Weck is this?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've got some German Weck DE razors (they look like Merkurs, my last one from bythebook, thanks) they're cool, but this one has me stumped. Made in the USA?

The blade is long like a Durham Duplex, but single edge, and the handle is stainless.
Any idea on the year? I've got no clue -- Help!, I'm not even sure how to get the blade out safely.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
My friend's father worked for WECK 20+ years ago. From my understanding, they mainly made hospital/surgeon's tools.

It's a Weck now Pilling-Weck surgical prep razor from back in the days when we still did actual shave preps, we use clippers now. They haven't been made for several years, probably the mid to late 80s when we transitioned to the plastic throw away razors which are still around but hardly used. Someone Seraphim I think has an Aesculap straight razor that he found in the wild. Not sure what blade it will take.

I think the blade just pushes out like a modern injector. It's probably rusted in there. I'll look into some info and get back to you.

WOW nice looking razors.. The one on the left kinda reminds me of the new Gillette Guard recently launched in Inida without a pivoting head.

back in the day hospitals used them to shave patient private parts
i think :huh:

Used to? .I recently had a hernia repair and got shaved with a straight razor by a surgical technologist because I was allergic to the depilatory. .It would have been amazing in terms of speed and efficiency if it hadn't been so scary. .It's odd you mentioned "private parts" as I asked the lady why the straight razor and one of the reasons she gave was that it was better for men. .It was over with so quickly I didn't get a chance to ask her why men.

Used to? .I recently had a hernia repair and got shaved with a straight razor by a surgical technologist because I was allergic to the depilatory. .It would have been amazing in terms of speed and efficiency if it hadn't been so scary. .It's odd you mentioned "private parts" as I asked the lady why the straight razor and one of the reasons she gave was that it was better for men. .It was over with so quickly I didn't get a chance to ask her why men.

Any prep? :ohmy:

Top Bottom