What's new

Canoe Eau De Cologne Splash

I was at my grandmas last night and while searching through her bathroom medicine cabinet, came across a bottle of Canoe Splash rather than a spray. It was in the older bottle with a navy blue label and without the flags. I never knew that it came in a splash, and it was a EDC rather than a EDT.

I'm sure most here don't care for the cheap stuff, but I find it to be a pretty good value. Did anyone else know that Canoe once made a splash?

This bottle?

proxy.php

Way back in the day, I wore Canoe. When I recently purchased Pinaud Clubman AS I was amazed at how much it smelled like Canoe. Now, I'm talking many years between the two comparisons, but the PCAS brought back instant memories.

I think of it like Mink does. A fancy Clubman or a cheap Brooks Brothers 1818.
Great scent for the price, although the older version is the one to seek out. The new stuff isn't quite the same.

I have the spray. It's a nice, conservative cologne that I enjoy. It does invoke a memory of Pinaud Clubman to me as well.

My 10 year old son likes it anyway. When he wants to smell good he always requests a spritz.

The Canoe splash cologne, may be described as Aftershave by today's terminology. They still make Canoe Aftershave.

Aftershave is 1%-3% aromatic compounds.

Eau de Cologne is 3%-8% aromatic compounds.

So you see there is potential for some overlap.

The nature of being a splash would indicate the usage of more product per application, than would be distributed with a atomizer. Thus I would expect a splash cologne to have a strength perhaps slightly stronger than a typical aftershave, but far less strong than that of a cologne in an atomizer bottle.

For more reading, take a look at the Wikipedia article on Perfume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfume

Ebay What's the difference in Cologne/Aftershave

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with the company called Renaissance Cosmetics buying Dana out in 1995, but that's my opinion. Supposedly this company was excellent at reviving older brands.

I recently tried the Canoe EDC in the spray and the aftershave. I found the EDT too cloying, sweet, or something, where the "aftershave" (is it really just a cologne?) was a little smoother, IMO. I didn't buy either, as I wasn't overly knocked out by the scent. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't seem to grab me.

Top Bottom