What's new

Shea Butter ASB: IK, PDP, or ?

I'd like to try a Shea Butter ASB since I find the Institute Karite Shea Butter soap to be so pleasant and moisturizing. I've also had a lot of problems with ASB irritating my sensitive skin -- for example, Nivea Sensitive and Proraso ASB both cause me some issues. Because of that, I'm leery of trying anything with much scent, or a particularly high price.

Right now I'm looking at Institute Karite ASB and Pre De Provence ASB:

The IK has the right "heritage" (I already know I like their soap), and is reported to have a very light scent, but the price is pretty high for the 8oz bottle and I've been unable to find any of the "travel size" that gets mentioned now and then. Hmmm... I'd be willing to swap someone a nearly full bottle of Proraso ASB for a much smaller sample of IK ASB :001_cool:

The PDP gets good reviews and has a lower price, but there is also mention that it has a "light sage scent", which has me concerned.

I guess I'd be willing to consider a third alternative, if there is another good one out there...

Anybody care to comment/compare these two ASB, or suggest a different one with Shea Butter that I should try?

I have the Provence Sante green tea AS which I believe has shea butter, it is kind of tacky if you apply too much. Scent is exactly the same as their green tea shave soap. This version of their AS has been out of stock for a while but most vendors have recently restocked. No alcohol, has witch hazel, and it very nice.

The L'Occitane ASBs (Cade, L'Occitan and Eau de Baux scents) all have Shea butter. They apply like a cream, but do a really nice job soothing irritated skin and moisturize well too.

I'd like to try a Shea Butter ASB since I find the Institute Karite Shea Butter soap to be so pleasant and moisturizing. I've also had a lot of problems with ASB irritating my sensitive skin -- for example, Nivea Sensitive and Proraso ASB both cause me some issues. Because of that, I'm leery of trying anything with much scent, or a particularly high price.

Right now I'm looking at Institute Karite ASB and Pre De Provence ASB:

The IK has the right "heritage" (I already know I like their soap), and is reported to have a very light scent, but the price is pretty high for the 8oz bottle and I've been unable to find any of the "travel size" that gets mentioned now and then. Hmmm... I'd be willing to swap someone a nearly full bottle of Proraso ASB for a much smaller sample of IK ASB :001_cool:

The PDP gets good reviews and has a lower price, but there is also mention that it has a "light sage scent", which has me concerned.

I guess I'd be willing to consider a third alternative, if there is another good one out there...

Anybody care to comment/compare these two ASB, or suggest a different one with Shea Butter that I should try?

L'Oreal Max ASB has Shea Butter

Brut Balm too

And Aqua Velva Ice Balm (IF you can find it)

L'Oreal Max ASB has Shea Butter

Brut Balm too

And Aqua Velva Ice Balm (IF you can find it)

That's interesting about the L'Oreal Max. I'm already using that one and its the only ASB I've found so far that totally "works" for me -- soothing with zero irritation or burn on my sensitive skin. I had no idea that it has Shea, but it sure has a ton of other ingredients, which actually concerns me a bit. Can't argue that it works tho, I'm just looking for other options.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Top Bottom