What's new

Where do you apply?

Forgive me for asking a question that I am sure is somewhere in the archives. However, I am in a lazy state and already having a poor day.

When you apply cologne. Spray. Do you spray it onto your skin only or also onto your shirt?

My thought was clothing would absorb some of the smell.

-Crisp:bored:

Skin. Clothes seems to "pronounce" the scent too much (YMMV), kind of wearing your underwear over your pants kind of thing:lol:

Applying on dry skin effects the longevity of the scent so I use a non scented lotion and having the body wash (if available) of the fragrance helps too.

I spray 4 sprays across my chest, wrists/inner forearm, behind the knees. I work in an office and have never had someone smell my fragrance before I get there or after I walk away. Only those at arms length get a whiff of the goods:001_cool:

I do the spray in the air and walk through on my clothes.. if I want a more pronounced scent then I will also spray some on my wrists and rub it in there and on my neck.

Wrists, sides of chest, upper thighs, front of ankles, back.
All places that you can spray the stuff. I prefer on skin to clothes.
Not too much but also not too little.
It's also wise to consider where you are going to be. So for instance I will spray a little more on if I am going to be outside and much much less if I am going to be on public transport.

- Aaron

I give a spray on my wrist and rub behind my ear/side of neck, both left and right, each collar bone and then centre of mass, then give the wrist another spray and rub them together.

...Applying on dry skin effects the longevity of the scent...

How does it affect it? On dry skin makes it last longer?

I give a spray on my wrist and rub behind my ear/side of neck, both left and right, each collar bone and then centre of mass, then give the wrist another spray and rub them together.

How does it affect it? On dry skin makes it last longer?

No it shortens the longevity.

I was reading about colognes today and the thread mentioned spraying/applying it to pulse points, i.e. in high blood flow areas like a poster up above mentioned.

There is some major cologne usage going on in this thread. My philosophy is that someone should only be able to smell you when they're close to you.

After drying off from after a shower, I spray the air once, pause a beat, and walk into it so that most of the cloud hits my chest area. I also think that the interaction between the scent and the skin is essential.

With a splash style cologne, I dab on one wrist, dab that to the other, and rub the excess at the jugulars. Repeat if necessary.

No it shortens the longevity.

Oh really? So would it be better to apply to damp (just toweled off), wet (just stepped out) or could one just moisten oneself with a wet towel or something and apply?

Or am I thinking too much here... lol

I spray my left finger tip with one "Pump" then apply to my neck under each ear, then to the opposite wrist, then rub wrists together.

take a tip from the ladys, wrists, backside of the neck, areas of high warm bloodflow.

This is sort of my usual. I've read, back of neck keeps it out of direct line of your nose and minimizes olfactory fatigue. I often add a shot to chest.
It varies with the overall strength of the colonge. This is too much for some.

I've only dabbled with the scent on cloth. I know many swear it's the best way to extend the life of some of the short lived scents like Blenheim Bouquet.

I have read, in Basenotes I believe, that some edts/perfumes can stain clothing. I, too, sometimes hit my undershirt with fragrances to extend the longevity, but wouldn't do it on my white shirt.

Top Bottom