What's new

Aftershave Recommendation - Sensitive Skin

Folks,

I have sensitive skin (prone to breakouts) and would appreciate any recommendations for aftershaves that might suit my skin. I'm currently using Ahava men's AS moisturizer and while it is working OK for me I'd like to "broaden my horizons" a little if possible. Aftershaves with strong scents are probably out for me due to my skin sensitivity but I am open to any suggestions y'all might have. Thanks!

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm works well for me. It has a light scent.
My favorite too. I use it every shave after some witch hazel. Both are widely available and inexpensive. I would at least give the witch hazel a shot before the balm to see if it helps.

Today I followed another poster's advice and mixed 2/3 witch hazel and 1/3 Aqua Velva. It left a nice pleasant scent, but not overbearing like full strength AV. Don't know if this will work for all aftershaves or your sensitive skin but it's something to try.

Try some Grooming Lounge Best For Last Aftershave as it works very well for sensitive skin.

Try Proraso aftershave splash. Its great and I find dont need any balm or moisturiser after.

I also use Witch Hazel with some peppermint essential oil in for a cooling effect. The WH is good for the skin after a shave.

I agree with the Nivea recommendations. They make some good products, and they are easy to come by and reasonably priced.

Tüff Rasierwasser ist the best herbal stuff, you can get. Believe me!

Produced since 1946 at Leinefelde, Thuringia/Germany.

It´s the best german after-shave. Nothing compares to, including Speick.

The Nivea sensitive is good stuff, but I'll be contrary and say that it didn't work for my sensitive skin. When I was using it, I would have a mild burn/tingle all day. I thought it was poor shaving technique but then I switched to a different ASB and that problem went away.

The one I use is L'Oreal Men's Expert Comfort Max Anti-Irritation After Shave Balm. Can't say I care for the name :tongue_sm but the product works very well on my sensitive skin. At first I used a bit too much and found it to be oily, but by carefully applying "just enough" I no longer get an oily sensation.

The Nivea sensitive is good stuff, but I'll be contrary and say that it didn't work for my sensitive skin. When I was using it, I would have a mild burn/tingle all day. I thought it was poor shaving technique but then I switched to a different ASB and that problem went away.

The one I use is L'Oreal Men's Expert Comfort Max Anti-Irritation After Shave Balm. Can't say I care for the name :tongue_sm but the product works very well on my sensitive skin. At first I used a bit too much and found it to be oily, but by carefully applying "just enough" I no longer get an oily sensation.

I use L'Oreal in the winter and Nivea in summer to take advantage id the SPF sun screen

I'm going to take a thrashing for saying this, but try Aqua Velva. I too have sensitive skin and I've found no better alcohol based AS.

+1 for the L'Oreal. I use it a couple of times a week. Like mentioned above, be sure not to use too much or it will be greasy.

Folks,

I have sensitive skin (prone to breakouts) and would appreciate any recommendations for aftershaves that might suit my skin. I'm currently using Ahava men's AS moisturizer and while it is working OK for me I'd like to "broaden my horizons" a little if possible. Aftershaves with strong scents are probably out for me due to my skin sensitivity but I am open to any suggestions y'all might have. Thanks!

Nivea A/S for sensitive skin
Truefitt & Hill 1805 and their Ultimate comfort A/S.
I have had luck with Castle Forbes lavender

I have semi-sensitive skin. Witch Hazel is great to start. I also use Skin Bracer with menthol. It feels like :scared: but works like :thumbup1: after about 10 minutes. It calms my face down big time.

Top Bottom