Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftershave Recommendation - Sensitive Skin

Default Aftershave Recommendation - Sensitive Skin

Folks,

I have sensitive skin (prone to breakouts) and would appreciate any recommendations for aftershaves that might suit my skin. I'm currently using Ahava men's AS moisturizer and while it is working OK for me I'd like to "broaden my horizons" a little if possible. Aftershaves with strong scents are probably out for me due to my skin sensitivity but I am open to any suggestions y'all might have. Thanks!

Images

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm works well for me. It has a light scent.
    Mark

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mmack66 View Post
    nivea sensitive after shave balm works well for me. It has a light scent.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mmack66 View Post
    Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm works well for me. It has a light scent.
    My favorite too. I use it every shave after some witch hazel. Both are widely available and inexpensive. I would at least give the witch hazel a shot before the balm to see if it helps.

Today I followed another poster's advice and mixed 2/3 witch hazel and 1/3 Aqua Velva. It left a nice pleasant scent, but not overbearing like full strength AV. Don't know if this will work for all aftershaves or your sensitive skin but it's something to try.

Try some Grooming Lounge Best For Last Aftershave as it works very well for sensitive skin.

Boots tea tree and witch hazel. If you dont have that in the states try plain old witch hazel.

Try Proraso aftershave splash. Its great and I find dont need any balm or moisturiser after.

I also use Witch Hazel with some peppermint essential oil in for a cooling effect. The WH is good for the skin after a shave.
    Merkur 23c,
    Proraso sensitive cream,
    Witch Hazel,
    E45 lotion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by patricknewing View Post
    try proraso aftershave splash. Its great and i find dont need any balm or moisturiser after.

I also use witch hazel with some peppermint essential oil in for a cooling effect. The wh is good for the skin after a shave.
    A good lather is half the shave. - William Hone

I agree with the Nivea recommendations. They make some good products, and they are easy to come by and reasonably priced.
    Cruisin' Mos Espa in my Delorean
    War's over I'm a peacetime Mandalorian
    My story has stumped Star Wars historians
    Deep in debate buffet plate at Bennigan's

Images

DR Harris Pink or SCS Hydro.

Tff Rasierwasser ist the best herbal stuff, you can get. Believe me!

Produced since 1946 at Leinefelde, Thuringia/Germany.

Its the best german after-shave. Nothing compares to, including Speick.

The Nivea sensitive is good stuff, but I'll be contrary and say that it didn't work for my sensitive skin. When I was using it, I would have a mild burn/tingle all day. I thought it was poor shaving technique but then I switched to a different ASB and that problem went away.

The one I use is L'Oreal Men's Expert Comfort Max Anti-Irritation After Shave Balm. Can't say I care for the name but the product works very well on my sensitive skin. At first I used a bit too much and found it to be oily, but by carefully applying "just enough" I no longer get an oily sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
    The Nivea sensitive is good stuff, but I'll be contrary and say that it didn't work for my sensitive skin. When I was using it, I would have a mild burn/tingle all day. I thought it was poor shaving technique but then I switched to a different ASB and that problem went away.

The one I use is L'Oreal Men's Expert Comfort Max Anti-Irritation After Shave Balm. Can't say I care for the name but the product works very well on my sensitive skin. At first I used a bit too much and found it to be oily, but by carefully applying "just enough" I no longer get an oily sensation.
    I use L'Oreal in the winter and Nivea in summer to take advantage id the SPF sun screen

I'm going to take a thrashing for saying this, but try Aqua Velva. I too have sensitive skin and I've found no better alcohol based AS.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.

-Mike-

IMHO neither the Nivea or the L'Oreal come close to Musgo Real After Shave Splash or Balm check out the review section for more information

Default hi

i use porasso balm alcohol free and it leaves my face very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
    +1 for the L'Oreal. I use it a couple of times a week. Like mentioned above, be sure not to use too much or it will be greasy.

STICK WITH BLAMS WITH NO ALCOHOL AND THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK
    As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.

Quote Originally Posted by BWagner View Post
    Folks,

I have sensitive skin (prone to breakouts) and would appreciate any recommendations for aftershaves that might suit my skin. I'm currently using Ahava men's AS moisturizer and while it is working OK for me I'd like to "broaden my horizons" a little if possible. Aftershaves with strong scents are probably out for me due to my skin sensitivity but I am open to any suggestions y'all might have. Thanks!
    Nivea A/S for sensitive skin
    Truefitt & Hill 1805 and their Ultimate comfort A/S.
    I have had luck with Castle Forbes lavender
    " I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol... because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older " - Patrick Bateman

I have semi-sensitive skin. Witch Hazel is great to start. I also use Skin Bracer with menthol. It feels like but works like after about 10 minutes. It calms my face down big time.
    Wilkinson blades - Sharp doesn't have to hurt. AOS+Williams= Dirt cheap Superlather.