What's new

What is the most aggressive Gillette safety razor?

What is the most aggressive Gillette safety razor? Post 1930. Is it the Red Tip, Fat Boy dialed up to 9, Slim, Open Comb....???

Super Adjustable at 9, followed by Slim at 9. I find my Fat Boy even opened all the way up to be a little less agressive than those two.

I've still a newb here, but have been gradually increasing my blade exposure. I have a slim adjustable I've used on "7" and I can't imagine that I'd want more bite than that. But I used to feel that way about it at "3". So who knows? I'll probably feel like giving it a try at "9" before too long.

I dialed my slim to 9 once and as soon as I felt the blade against my skin I realized this was not a good idea and dialed it back down to 4 before I got myself in trouble.

I've still a newb here, but have been gradually increasing my blade exposure. I have a slim adjustable I've used on "7" and I can't imagine that I'd want more bite than that. But I used to feel that way about it at "3". So who knows? I'll probably feel like giving it a try at "9" before too long.

I'd recommend dialing the Slim all the way up to 9 on the first WTG pass and use longer strokes and a more shallow angle (i.e. 20 degrees instead of 30 degrees), and you might be pleasantly surprised. I find it easier to shave this way.

merk futur no doubt. then new deluxes and re tips

+1

Much respect Alex. I just read how many DE razors you have. The Futur on the highest setting of 6 or technically 6.5 is awesome and loud!
Gillette Red Tip is a great razor. Haven't tried the Gillette New Deluxe.

I'd recommend dialing the Slim all the way up to 9 on the first WTG pass and use longer strokes and a more shallow angle (i.e. 20 degrees instead of 30 degrees), and you might be pleasantly surprised. I find it easier to shave this way.

I've never tried it at 9 but I get along with it really well at 7 for the first pass. I dial it down to 3 for the XTG pass. Sometimes for fine touch-ups I dial it all the way down to 2. Couldn't hurt a flea on that setting. :lol:

Does anyone else find the Old Type to be as aggressive as others mentioned? I haven't tried my Old Type in over a year, but from what I remember it was a beast!

9 on my slim. Got 2 inches into the shave and little alarms began to sound . Dialed back to 6 with a feather blade in it.

Top Bottom