What's new

How many of you are from Michigan?

Hey everyone! I wanted to see how many Michigan folks we have on here. Group get-togethers are a lot of fun, so I figured I would plant the seed. I am from the metro Detroit area. :001_smile

Although I now live in South Dakota - I spent the first 18 years of my life in Coloma, Michigan (near St. Joseph/Benton Harbor) (SW Michigan)

I'm not from Michigan but I do love the state. My parents have a summer home in Frankfort, which is about 45 minutes West of Travers City. I've been going up there, during the summer, for the past 40 years. Beautiful place.

A fellow Michigander here. Metro Detroit area as well. :thumbup1:

It's great to see such a presence on here whether you're affiliated with MI or live here. Thank you all for responding. I look forward to meeting some of you in the future! :001_smile

From Kalamazoo birthplace of the Gibson guitar and Broccoli capital of the world ( or at least it use to be :w00t: )

Born/raised in Battle Creek. Lived for years in Ann Arbor, Livonia, Harrison Township (Mt Clemens).

Moved to the DC area in 2002.

-- John Gehman

Born/raised in Battle Creek. Lived for years in Ann Arbor, Livonia, Harrison Township (Mt Clemens).

Moved to the DC area in 2002.

-- John Gehman

Those are some familiar places! I am sure you are glad you got out when you did. We can only hope that a new Governor will help speed things up around here.

I grew up and spend the first 18 years of my life in Lowell, Michigan (right outside Grand Rapids). Spent many a summer at my Uncle's cabin on Clam lake, about 25 miles north west of Traverse City. Loved it there. I left Michigan to go to college. Now I live wherever the Air Force tells me to reside.

I grew up and spend the first 18 years of my life in Lowell, Michigan (right outside Grand Rapids). Spent many a summer at my Uncle's cabin on Clam lake, about 25 miles north west of Traverse City. Loved it there. I left Michigan to go to college. Now I live wherever the Air Force tells me to reside.

That's fantastic! Thank you for your service! I love the Grand Rapids area and would love to be out there more often. It's about a 3 hour drive from me now, but it's well worth it!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'm a 'Michigander'......born & raised in East Lansing (home of the Spartans), & a 'grad' from MSU... :laugh:

Go Green...Go White...Go Spartans...:thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Christopher :badger:

PS Spartans Football Team is 8-0 overall and 4-0 in the Big Ten Conference and next 'on-the-plate-to-be-served' is the Iowa Hawkeyes in a Big Ten Conference football showdown :w00t: this Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Iowa City, Iowa.

By the way, my Spartans are off to their best start since their 1966 famed squad opened 9-0, and are two wins shy of matching the school-record 10-0 start of the 1965 team
(I was just a young 'whipper-snapper' back then) :cornut:

Last edited:
PS Spartans Football Team is 8-0 overall and 4-0 in the Big Ten Conference and next 'on-the-plate-to-be-served' is the Iowa Hawkeyes in a Big Ten Conference football showdown :w00t: this Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Iowa City, Iowa.

Can't wait, their last game was awesome. What a comeback!

I'm a 'orignal' Michigander......born & raised in East Lansing & a 'grad' from MSU... :laugh:

Go Green...Go White...Go Spartans...:thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Christopher :badger:

By the way, my Spartans are off to their best start since their 1966 famed squad opened 9-0, and are two wins shy of matching the school-record 10-0 start of the 1965 team
(I was just a young 'whipper-snapper' back then) :cornut:

No kidding! They are having an unbelievable season! I am looking forward to their end result. I am a Nittany Lion, however, my vote is for State when they aren't playing us. :thumbup1:

Oops! I am sorry. I just realized this topic should probably be in the Barbershop area. Mods, please feel free to move it. Thanks!

Top Bottom