What's new

Department Store fiasco

Went to Nordstrom's in SF Center. Picked up some AoS cream and the young feller who waited on me was intent on selling me some pre-shave oil. I was just as intent on thanking him for the offer and purchasing the cream and moving on. I was impressed by his desire to engage in a conversation about the products. You can't be sure in retail department stores if the salesperson is placed by a corporation selling a particular product unless you ask or they tell you so when you ask a question about a non-corp product. Interestingly, there is an AoS store in the same center. Two blocks away in Macy's they sell AoS and Bloomingdales the same. Leaving the Powell Street BART station there is a 20m long bill board for Art of Shaving lining the tunnel so this is a place that is pushing product.

After being on this site I don't really look for information in the retail setting. Someone (I should look to see who) said it by pointing out that you no longer need your barber, friend, or retailer to be the end all, be all for questionable information.... there is plenty on the internets.

Top Bottom