What's new

tallow based soaps

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I find it difficult to search the forum. I can't search phrases or require words, and every result is 400. Anyway, what are the popular tallow soaps since not all ingredients are always listed on the internet? Do you have recommendations?

I gather so far the 2 cellas and tabac are tallow based.

I like having a fancy bowl as much as the next guy, but to me Speick shaving stick milled into a bowl is as good as it gets. Runner up, Palmolive shave stick milled as well. I run it through a cheese grater and press it into a pyrex bowl with a lid little by little.

The only one to watch out for is the Erasmic stick. It had tallow, got reformulated to not have tallow (and it sucked), then got re-reformulated to have tallow again.

Erasmic puck never had tallow but performs just as well as the tallow stick.

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I find it difficult to search the forum. I can't search phrases or require words, and every result is 400. Anyway, what are the popular tallow soaps since not all ingredients are always listed on the internet? Do you have recommendations?

I gather so far the 2 cellas and tabac are tallow based.

Here's a search tip. Use google and add site:badgerandblade.com to the end of your search term. Works like a charm.

or you can do the google search directly in B&B
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim... can you go back to your original post there and edit to reflect that Erasmic stick has tallow once again?

The newest Erasmic Supreme Shaving Stick doesn't have tallow by the way.

I am not sure if they are still manufacturing the regular Erasmic stick, or if the Supreme line fully replaced the original stick, and shaving cream.

I have also never seen the supposed tallow based Erasmic stick for sale at any US vendor, despite there being significant demand for it.

Top Bottom