What's new

Mitchell's Woolfat size?

Ok, weird question... can anyone who happens to have a new puck of Mitchell's Woolfat soap please tell me the diameter of the puck?

Thanks.

BTW, you know you can always mill the soap into a different size container. I totally want to get one of MWF's sheep-shaped soap dishes and mill some MWF shave soap into it...it's sized for their bath soap...

The size of the puck grows, observation, when mine arrived in its rather nice ceramic bowl I thought why is it so much smaller than the bowl but after a few shaves it sits very nicely in it's bowl.

BTW, you know you can always mill the soap into a different size container. I totally want to get one of MWF's sheep-shaped soap dishes and mill some MWF shave soap into it...it's sized for their bath soap...

Yes, I wanted to put it in a different containter... I have read a few comments that people say they mill it with a cheese grater, but I'm not really sure what that means? Are they grating it up into little cheese shreds and putting it back in the container?

I've got a pretty big container that I am thinking of grating 3-4 pucks of MWF into... Can't get enough of this stuff!

Yes, I wanted to put it in a different containter... I have read a few comments that people say they mill it with a cheese grater, but I'm not really sure what that means? Are they grating it up into little cheese shreds and putting it back in the container?

You grate it up and press it down into the new container.

Do you have to heat it or anything once you put the pieces in the new container to re-form it into once piece?

nope, just press it in there. When it's all shaved 'n grated down it's VERY easy to put it in whatever you want it in.

Imagine it as shredded cheese.

Just put it in, and pack it down.

Top Bottom