What's new

American Badgers -- Trousers with suspender buttons?

Quick question for B&Bers in the United States (specifically East Coast): Where might one find and purchase trousers outfitted with suspender buttons? I've had no trouble finding suspenders with tabs as opposed to clips, but I can't seem to find anybody who carries pants that are already outfitted with the buttons to attach them.

Any suggestions as to where I might be able to track some down? I'd prefer something a little more on the casual side, rather than, say, tuxedo trousers. Ideally, something less than $100/pair. I know, I know, you get what you pay for, but I'm a poor young twenty-something and can't exactly afford $300 trousers.

Any advice?

Nordstrom and Brooks Brothers come immediately to mind. If the trousers you select don't have suspender buttons, both retailers can have them added for minimal to no cost.

Any tailor can set you up with suspender buttons.

What Jim said. The tailor where you buy your trousers, the friendly neighborhood tailor, go to the sewing shop to buy some buttons and put them on yourself. For your jeans, go to the Hank's Clothing site and order Carthartt no-sew buttons - put them on with a hammer (on jeans with the no-sew buttons be sure you install them so that they are on the outside or you will do a number on your side).

And be sure they are put on correctly! Forward-most buttons on the front should be centered over crease with the outside button about three inches to the rear. Rear buttons should be even across back and about three and a half to four inches part. Idea is that the trousers hang evenly. And you will find you will want trousers that are a bit loose; not so snug that they defeat the idea of the trousers being held up by the braces.

Last edited:
Top Bottom