What's new

Ingrown hairs

I have noticed that I have been getting ingrown hairs after my shave. I am waiting on buying a DE because I bought a lot of cartridges because they were cheap and I dont want them to go unused. Until I get my DE how can I prevent these ingrown hairs and also should I pluck them out when I spot them?

I have gotten my proper lather technique down with VDH and cream from The Body Shop. This has improved my shave but I am trying to achieve shaving perfection.

To be honest, I can only remember having 1 ingrown hair since I switched to a DE and that developed in an area I had nicked. The reason it stands out is because with my cartridge razors and canned goo, ingrown hairs were routine. I just used tweezers to pull them out, or for deeper ones, I'd use a sewing needle then douse the area with an astringent. Since being on B&B, I've learned this is not the right way, but it was my way for many years. I know there are old posts here with better tips for treating ingrowns (like rubbing the area with a toothbrush), but I can't find them. My advise is to make the switch to DE and see if it solves the problem.

i sometimes pluck mine out but mostly i just take a pin and use the tip to just pop them out from under the skin

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
When I get ingrowns (yes it happens) I just leave them and they go away eventually.

Top Bottom