What's new

Acquisitions: Monday April 9 - April 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up some JASON 6 in 1 Aftershave last night. This will be my first try with a product from this company.

Dennis

That's quite a week you've had there, Taz. :thumbup1:
I have had the DE's just have not had the time to restore. I was able to get three on eBay and hopefully get 4-6 more done over the next couple days. couple for me couple for eBay.

So, in the past couple of days I've spent way too much money.

3 Mama Bear soaps (Eucalyptus, Marauder Citrus, and Unscented)
Mama Bear summertime ASB
2 SCS shave creams (shea butter & avocado and coconut)
SCS ASB
SCS "Very V" EDT
Musgo Real AS
samples* of C&S No. 88, Floris Santal, and Jean Pascal

and on the way are two strops from Tony Miller so I can finally try out the razor Joe Chandler re-scaled for me. Busy week here.

* when I say samples I should re-phrase: the No. 88 and Santal are gigantic decants I got from a guy on Basenotes. Well worth the $25 I paid for the two as these will last for a very long time. He threw in the Jean Pascal for free, though it's a very small sample.

C&E Nomad EdT
C&E Nomad ASB

The ASB was a sample. The lady in the store was really gung ho about giving me samples, but nothing else peaked my interest.

I've had this 1958 (I think: D1 code) Super Speed Red handle for about a week. I just got a round to taking a pass at cleaning it up. Waddya think?

View attachment 7062
View attachment 7063

I might take one more swipe at it with my Dremel polishing wheel, but I'm happy with it for now. As you can see, it has suffered some plating damage under the head, but I should look so good at 49!

Thanks to all who posted on razor cleanup processes and also to you who posted on Gillette dating and identification. I would be in over my head without your help. Note the newbie status. You guys are great at helping us get started.

Opinions ???: I paid $8 for this and a old Williams shave stick metal can on Bay. At $8, I'm a happy camper. But to you more experienced folks- was this a good deal?

Looking forward to whacking off large chunks of my face with it in the morning.

Thanks,
David

Cleaned out two Targets of Proraso stuff.
3 Green Tubes
3 ASBs
1 Spare Omega Boar

Everyone is right. Target is clearing the shelves of Proraso. No idea what if anything is replacing it.

I just received my 1972 Gillette Knack yesterday. Very nice razor. I will try it tomorrow and I'll tell you what I think.

Raphaël

full

http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/6888&original=1&c=81

Last edited by a moderator:
Just returned home from a meeting ,I did use this brush and the Joris soap-its made in England (Creighton's?) for Plission, Very nice soap similar to the Floris, very creamy and rich. No ingredients list at all. The brush was amazing- soft yet incredibly stiff, VERY dense worked up the lather in no time at all.
I am delighted with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom