What's new

7 day set

Thiers Issard and Dovo are the only companies that I know that manufacture the classic seven-day razor sets today, and even then they cost an arm and a leg. But I guess that once you get down to it, you are buying something that will last you your whole life, and the lives of any male descendants.

Vintage or antique seven-piece sets are of course, available (I saw one once at a local antique shop), but they cost a full set of limbs to get them! I personally think they're amazingly cool and although I'd love to own one, I don't know if I'd ever use it!

On that note...does anyone here OWN a seven-piece razor set (vintage or modern) and do they actually use it as it was intended? Photos would be nice...

I own a set. Im yet to fix them all up, but I wont use them as a 7 day set every day. The odd full week maybe, but ive too many other razors that need love too

proxy.php

I have this Fritz Bracht Dovo Seven Day Set but I haven't used it because I have many other razors and I am afraid I'll wear the gold wash off it. i bought it on a whim.

I have this Stoll set. The seven razors do not have the day of the week marked and, although six of them were NOS, they had some staining and pitting from poor storage. They also have easily warped, low-end plastic scales. None of the scales are really entirely straight. But the cost was pretty low (~$230) and I honed them all and do use them. There are a number of these "tourist" sets I have seen that do not cost an arm and a leg and shave just fine.

Very nice daily shavers!

Yes, IMHO you are right on. These sets make for good daily shavers- Soligen made, good steel, and besides the light blade etchings, absolutely no frills. And, of course, the marginal scales. But, at about $35 a blade with a leather roll, I think these sets represent a pretty good bargain in the vintage market.

Top Bottom