What's new

Need some advice for my first restoration

Hey guys, so I have an ever-ready C-40 and an ever-ready 100 coming my way and I would like to put new knots in them. A couple of questions; which knots from TGN do you recommend? I have been looking at the 22mm Super Silver and the 22mm Silver Grade A. The only brushes I have used are my Vulfix 2234 Super Badger and my Wee Scott. I do like the way the super badger feels on my face...This will be my first and second attempt at brush restoration, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

For those handles you will likely find 20mm knots are the size you will want unless you open up the holes a bit.

I really like the 20mm Finest extra stuffed. The fan 20mm Finest is also a good knot. I like them set at 42-45mm.

I have not used the Super Silvertip, but have an 18mm Grade A that is a very nice knot also...but I still much prefer the Finest.

For those handles you will likely find 20mm knots are the size you will want unless you open up the holes a bit.

I really like the 20mm Finest extra stuffed. The fan 20mm Finest is also a good knot. I like them set at 42-45mm.

I have not used the Super Silvertip, but have an 18mm Grade A that is a very nice knot also...but I still much prefer the Finest.

Do you use soaps or creams? I have been using the TOBS Jermyn Street exclusively now since it came out, it's one of the only creams that my skin gets along with. I bowl lather, will the 42mm-45mm be long enough for that? Can you tell me why you prefer the finest over the grade A? Thanks for your help...

I do not bowl lather....soaps 99.99999% of the time.

You would likely want a longer loft for that.

Finest has great backbone and nice tips.

GradeA has less backbone.

You will want to see what bowl lathers have to say likely.

Top Bottom