What's new

I'm going to be shot for saying this

Guys,
I whipped up some Edge Gel in my bowl yesterday and today with my #2235and I have got to admit, this stuff still gives me the best and most comfortable shave out of alll the creams I have tried. And I have tried Taylor's Rose, Lavender, Avocado, and Cremo Cream. There is just something to it that agrees with me. Let the trashing of my manhood begin..............
John

Guys,
I whipped up some Edge Gel in my bowl yesterday and today with my #2235and I have got to admit, this stuff still gives me the best and most comfortable shave out of alll the creams I have tried. And I have tried Taylor's Rose, Lavender, Avocado, and Cremo Cream. There is just something to it that agrees with me. Let the trashing of my manhood begin..............
John

Not going to speak for anyone else, but why should anyone here trash you out for using what works for you? Personally, if anyone did, that would be ungentlemanly, IMO.

For me, I never really cared for the scent of any of the Edge gels while I was cartridge shaving - except the menthol - and they quit making that. Once I discovered traditional shaving - the range of scents is much broader and I've found soaps and creams I actually enjoy - an expression I never thought of applying to the daily chore of shaving before.

And that's what it's all about for me.

So again, if you like the scent, and the Edge gel works for you, then go for it, and if anyone wants to slam you for it, well, they're not shaving your face!

That's the whole point behind YMMV, isn't it?

Heck, if shaving your face with a cheese grater while chewing on tin foil works for you, more power to you. Whatever works.

there are probably a few hundred million who agree with you whole heartedly. still, all good things tend to be an acquired taste. Not to suggest that your tastes are somehow immature, but perhaps you just haven't found the right combination that works for you better than edge gel. Taylors is one of my favorites, but some don't like it at all. Have you tried a puck of MB or SCS? Maybe a good soap would work better for you rather than straight creams. Anyway, I always attest that my shave nirvana came about through 90% technique and only 10% equipment. And I learned most of it here, and at Micheal's (Leisureguy's blog). :cool:

As Ted said:
Once I discovered traditional shaving - the range of scents is much broader and I've found soaps and creams I actually enjoy - an expression I never thought of applying to the daily chore of shaving before.

Have you tried a soap and cream combination? It would seem to me that if you experimented enough, you would come very close to matching the "feel" of the gel... and, you'd have a lot more "flavors" to choose from. :wink:

Tchau,
chop-chop

Chop-Chop,
No, I haven't experimented like that. And truthfully, it's not my lather making ability with the other creams. I've become a pro doing it. But there is something in that Edge gel that just allows so much lubricity and comfort. Believe me, I'd rather smell the the good creams, and will continue to use them, but I'm sorry, for me, nothing beats this stuff.
John

Chop-Chop,
No, I haven't experimented like that. And truthfully, it's not my lather making ability with the other creams. I've become a pro doing it. But there is something in that Edge gel that just allows so much lubricity and comfort. Believe me, I'd rather smell the the good creams, and will continue to use them, but I'm sorry, for me, nothing beats this stuff.
John

You can always try using the a scented soap base and the Edge Gel as your cream. You never know. What works for you is perfectly OK.

Guys,
John

Which Edge gel ? the fragrance-free one (Ultra-Sensitive), or one of the regular, scented ones (sensitive, extra-protection, etc....) ?

It's weird , but for me the best canned gels are Edge ; they give me better shaves than Nivea or Aveeno gels ; weird

rafikz,
I whipped up the Edge Gel for sensitive skin. I then apply it directly to the brush when I have to.

Never even thought about trying to whip up lather from Edge gel - I have enough gathering dust under my sink right now that I will have to try that tomorrow. I just finished up a sample of Taylor lavendar and used the Avocado last week so it will be up against some stiff competition.

Top Bottom