What's new

First Medical Prep Personna

Got a BBS shave from my new Medical PP. Great blade but don't think it's worth the price since I get just as good as shave from my Red IPs. Now to see how many shaves I get out of it!

I also found like that it gives a similar shave to the Personna Red - but a bit smoother. But for me I am consistently getting six to seven shaves with it in contrast to 3 or 4 with the Reds.

Sounds like the value is there. 6-7 shaves compared to 3-4? That pays for itself IMO and that's getting close to double compared to the Reds. Impressive in a YMMV world and definitely worth a try.

Personna Med Preps and Gillette 7 o'clock Blacks are my two favorite blades, and I absolutely can't favor one over the other. I have sensitive skin and a tough, coarse beard, bad combination, and I can count on 5 to 6 shaves with either of these blades.
I agree with Jim P about the Personna Reds, another favorite blade, but a 3 shave blade for me.
I have over 2300 blades, mostly Blacks and Med Preps, with a couple hundred Reds also, and a couple hundred Timors, another good blade.

I like Med Preps, plus 7O'clock black as well as yellow. But I use any of these 3x only. I was only about 25 blades into my 100 box of Med preps before deciding 7 O'clocks had an edge ( no pun intended )

Tried the Med Prep for the first time last night and was very impressed with it. Been contemplating these blades for awhile and took the plunge and am really glad I did. Very smooth and sharp blade. Looking to see if I can get 5 BBS shaves out of a blade and if so, will be making a bulk purchase. Exceeding expectations so far.

I just had my 6th shave today with a Med Prep. I will get one more tomorrow before changing it. They are my "go to" blade in my NEW Short Comb.

Had shave #2 with the Med Prep and am really liking these blades so far. Smooth as glass and no abrasion whatsoever. Was able to get 25 of them on last order of supplies and have nothing but praise for them. Looking to cycle through several more shaves to see if I can get 5 shaves out of the blade and if so, will definitely be ordering 100. Uber smooth and face/neck friendly along with being Feather sharp-gotta say I'm loving these.

Yeah, the Med Preps are awesome blades in my opinion. Most numerous blade in my stash.

Lots of shaves apiece and smooth as hell. You have discovered a great blade my friend!!

Top Bottom