What's new

Kind of bummed, pinaud clubman

i like to shave at night some times so use it right before i go to bed the wife loves it she thinks i do it for her :lol:

My wife and I went to JC Penny this morning. We are standing in line to check out when a a young lady about 5 years my junior turned around and said, "Excuse me sir. I just have to know what cologne you are wearing? Is it something you sampled at the fragrance counter?"

"No maam. It is Pinaud Clubman After Shave and I paid $6.99 for it at Walgreen's."

"Well. I am going to get some for my husband. That stuff smells great. Thank you.":thumbup1:

My wife and I went to JC Penny this morning. We are standing in line to check out when a a young lady about 5 years my junior turned around and said, "Excuse me sir. I just have to know what cologne you are wearing? Is it something you sampled at the fragrance counter?"

"No maam. It is Pinaud Clubman After Shave and I paid $6.99 for it at Walgreen's."

"Well. I am going to get some for my husband. That stuff smells great. Thank you.":thumbup1:

Here, we've got two couples. One man harbors a secret love for his Pinaud Clubman, but every time his wife finds a new bottle, she empties, stakes, and exorcises it. The only aftershaves allowed in his medicine cabinet are department-store-bought cologne-based mixtures of fragrance and alcohol. Sometimes he sneaks a sniff at his local Walgreens. It soothes his tired heart, and brings back happy memories of his father.

The other man delights in each new purchase of a scent he hasn't tried yet. His cabinets are brimming with a myriad of colognes, eaux de toilette and parfums, carefully organized into either houses or types, depending on the season. His sample library is all-inclusive; his Scents of the Day are magnificent; his mosquito-attracting powers are unrivaled... until one day, his wife shows up with a bottle of Pinaud Clubman, and says:

"You should just wear this from now on."

I tried it this morning and loved it - went very well with the Col. Conk Lime I was using. My wife thought it smelled nice as well.

This poster and the abve: You guys are all pretty lucky. I like Clubman but my wife thinks I smell like an "old man" (which I sort of am - well, more middle-aged, I guess...). Needless to say, it doesn't get much air play on my face:mellow:

Last edited:

Well apparently I told the young lady a fib this morning. I bought the Clubman at CVS. I usually buy my stuff at the Walgreen's around the corner. However, I found the CVS receipt while cleaning off my night stand and remembered this...

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2528488&postcount=35

Top Bottom