What's new

Kind of bummed, pinaud clubman

Don't worry Top, I am putting the Clubman to good use, and the Brut as well. Could I interest you in some Clubman Special Reserve?

I've got one bottle and another in...Reserve. Plus, I found a local beauty supply that stocks the stuff, so I'm in Special Reserve hog heaven.

What I'm really itching to try is the Classic Vanilla, Citrus Musk and Musk. Oh, and the Eau De Portugal.

I've got one bottle and another in...Reserve. Plus, I found a local beauty supply that stocks the stuff, so I'm in Special Reserve hog heaven.

What I'm really itching to try is the Classic Vanilla, Citrus Musk and Musk. Oh, and the Eau De Portugal.

Citrus Musk is my No. 2 next to Clubman. WONDERFUL stuff. Screams clean, cool, summer. It's one of the freshest, unobtrusive scents I've come across in a splash. It's just nice. A couple of the gals at the office gathered a bit of courage one day, and in a group, walked into my office to ask the name of the stuff I was wearing. Told them I only pay about $8 for a big bottle, and they nearly hit the floor. I'm sure a few of their menfolk ended up with a bottle within a few weeks.

I'm also keen to try the Portugal, let me know how it works out! I'm just now getting accustom to Musks. Got a bottle of AV Musk that is quite nice, even if it does leave me feeling inexplicably greasy. Not sure on Vanilla, as I'm not sure I want to smell like a nice pound cake. SR is amazing stuff. Too complicated to even begin to analyze. It's been relegated to "formal splash" duty, saved for suit and tie, or tux affairs. It's been quite well received thus far by those in close proximity.

Aaron

I love all the Pinaud scents I've tried. I'm Clubman toay and while my wife likes the scent, I'm afraid she's allergic to it. I'll have to shower it off tonight before I go to bed.

i love the clubman products I've tried so far I have used the original, bay rum, and classic vanilla. I cant wait to try the special reserve

I like the Clubman, it is a nice clean barbershop smell. It is a little strong at first but settles down nicely.

The cool thing about Citrus Musk is the "fresh laundry soap" smell that I perceive from it.

As for all of that, my 50/50 Old Spice and Clubman AS mix is doing its thing for me.

Clubman is my Saturday morning AS, because it reminds be of the barber shop! I'm not a fan of their Bay Rum, though. Smells too much like pumpkin pie for me. I just got my sampler pack of Ogallala BR so I'll check those out.

everyone is different so i say the following respectfully

pinaud clubman is what i hope heaven smells like

lilac vegetal is what a rotten swamp smells like.

YMMV...........

clubman always reminds me of being a kid at the barbers. after he trimmed up the back of your neck and a little around the ears he would always finish up with a splash of clubman rubbed into your hairline. that smell would walk with you all day and sometimes into the night! i don't wear it now too often but i will pull it out from time to time and run some across the back of my neck for old time sake.

This is one that I can't do even though I think it's a nice scent when I'm not the one wearing it. When I tried Clubman, my face felt great. And, I like the smell on others, but it didn't feel right on me and I was annoyed by the scent as the day wore on. My wife, who really likes the scent of Musgo Real, thought it smelled "yucky."

Oddly, I actually like the scent of LV when my barber uses a *tiny* amount after shaving my neck. Haven't had the nerve to try splashing that on after a shave though.

I dunno I bought it because it reminds me of when my father would take me to this Italian Barbershop when I was a little boy, it was real old world classic barbershop there was an older guy there who shined shoes, heck my old man would wear shoes just to let this guy shine em, never wore them all that often as he was in construction then. And then he would go sit in this barber chair and get a haircut and a hot towel and lather shave with a straight rzr, and when he was done the barber would always put on the clubman aftershave. Sadly I took a ride back to the Bronx one saturday to see if the place was still there, It wasnt, it had been turned into a unisex salon called Fabio's. But the scent of the clubman still brings back fond memories even if its a lil overly strong and def isnt a favorite of my generation, at $6 for huge bottle of the stuff how could I refuse? My favorite time to use it is right after i get a fresh haircut and take a shower and shave. Silly really but it makes me happy.

Picked up the Pinaud Clubman yesterday at the local CVS and splashed some on this morning.

Loooooove the stuff!

It will be fighting for den superiority against the Master's Bay Rum.:thumbup:

I once posted that it made me smell like a 83 year shuffleboard playing senior citizen.

A 83 year old B&B member responded....

Therefore, I will change that to a 93 year old shuffleboard playing senior citizen.

I PIF'ed my Clubman Bay Rum too. Yuck!!

I like my Clubman! I've found I use it sparingly...

1) To extend the value of the $6.00 bottle :lol:
2) Its quite strong.

Overall it beats the Witch hazel I used to use! When I find a great Cologne I'm in love with I will probably purchase the matching After Shave.

:thumbup:

I like my Clubman! I've found I use it sparingly...

1) To extend the value of the $6.00 bottle :lol:
2) Its quite strong.

Overall it beats the Witch hazel I used to use! When I find a great Cologne I'm in love with I will probably purchase the matching After Shave.

:thumbup:

I have a 50/50 mix of Clubman and Witch Hazel. Good smell and more goodies for the face.

Top Bottom