What's new

How to use this properly?

proxy.php

I have a very similar mug. Practically identical, but another brand.
How do I use it?
How is it meant to be used?

Ive tried to find a step by step explanation somewhere but no such luck.

Anyone? :001_smile

You keep your soap puck in the top of the scuttle. When ready to use, fill the inside with hot water and the bristles of your brush are placed in the water through the side opening. Once your brush has soaked a bit, you then proceed as you normally would by loading the brush and creaing your lather in a separate mug/bowl, or by loading the brush and creating the lather directly on your face.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's exactly what I figured.
What surprises me is the lack of usefulness. It's not adding to the process at all?
Or did this type of mug/scuttle take the place of the luxury of modern running hot water and that's why it's no longer as useful as it once was?

What surprises me is the lack of usefulness. It's not adding to the process at all?
Or did this type of mug/scuttle take the place of the luxury of modern running hot water and that's why it's no longer as useful as it once was?

Pretty much. But many people still enjoy using soap scuttles. By putting the brush back into the water between passes, you can still have hot lather for each pass. And I suppose it can be enjoyable to use.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

If you face lather, it's pretty good but I don't even use it myself. I tried it and didn't find anything great so I use it as a soap holder for now.

Thanks Luc, RayH and alabamalawyer.

Ill keep mine around, even though its useless :D

It's sort of cute and actually matches one of my razors and that has to count for something, right? :)

Cheers!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks Luc, RayH and alabamalawyer.

Ill keep mine around, even though its useless :D

It's sort of cute and actually matches one of my razors and that has to count for something, right? :)

Cheers!

It always count for something! :laugh:

I've often been tempted to make a "ghetto" scuttle with one of these by simply shooting the holes closed with grout or silicone. I suspect that this probably wouldn't work, though, because of the glaze on the mug... Does anyone have any thoughts?

proxy.php

I have a very similar mug. Practically identical, but another brand.
How do I use it?
How is it meant to be used?

Ive tried to find a step by step explanation somewhere but no such luck.

Anyone? :001_smile

This type of scuttle is from the time before hot, running water. One heated water on the kitchen stove (or wherever), then poured some into the scuttle. And also into the bowl on the wash stand. Pretty nice at the time!

Top Bottom