What's new

Focus.....UHGGG

Okay so I logged onto West Coast Shaving site to peek at my order believing that with the free shipping there was no way it was already in Colorado....BUT to my surprise it reads "10/21/2010 - 12:20:00 Delivered Colorado Springs US"

So....now...how do I get through the rest of my DAY!!!!

This is killing me.

I usually keep myself busy at work so you totally forget!!!. Then when you get home, the cardboard box is there reminding you that your goods have arrived...

Okay.....

Package arrived in three days from WCS and walked to the door. EJ89, DR. Harris Marlborough, Omega 6211, and a smattering of blades.

I tried a Gillette Super Platnium to start with. I wasn't sure so I just chose a name I comfortable with.

I re-watched a couple of youtube videos from Manic and Michiganlover to learn lathering.

It went well and was able to get what I think was a good lather. I chickened out and shaved a section of my left arm first, then my son's arm because he kept wanting to try it too. No nicks and my very smooth arm has a wonderfully unique scent of the Marlborough soap which is a bit old spice meets field of flowers with a small campfire in the background. Very nice.

So tomorrow I will give it a shot on my face.

Congratulations on your score Cliff.

I want you to relax and enjoy the process. There is no need to be anxious or worried. In fact if you just shave and not analyze every move you make it will be fine.

Keep us posted.

Well your off to a good start with an EJ89. In a week, or so, every shave will be very good and enjoyable. In two weeks you'll want to try another cream.

I just got a big soap order from them last week and I luckily was working from home that day to receive it. I was even working in the living room close to the front door when all of a sudden I got an email confirmation that my package was delivered. Didn't even hear him set it on the door step, which you can easily hear someone come up the steps when coming to our front door.

I just thought it was funny that my email was telling me I had a package at my front door, when I was sitting probably 20 feet from it.

Okay just completed my first official DE shave about an hour ago.

It went better than I thought and even managed a little advanced upward shaving on the neck. I lathered for two passes, then did some small touch up on the chin. I had the desire to press down and "getter' done" like I would with my Mach III, but resist and got out nick free. I ended up BBS except for a little spot on the roundest part of my chin.

I was feeling way traditional, so through on a little Classic Old Spice. We are having this wonderful fall day and it just seemed right.

The part that is amazing is the effortlessness of the actual shave, I had to look at the sink to make sure my beard was actually coming off and that I was not just rubbing shinny chrome against the face.

Very cool. I'm hooked. No shaving burn, no nicks, easier than a Mach III and I have never used real shave soap before....AND THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!!!!!

I am not sure I even need balm afterward which I have used for 10+ years to avoid shaving rash....so very cool.

Thanks B&B for all the helpful people and advice. I'm hooked.

Top Bottom