What's new

Out for delivery

My Harvard H3, which is my first new Simpson, is on the truck and out for delivery. The anticipation is killing me! What's worse is that I have a meeting from 11:30-1:30 that takes me out of the house and it might get delivered while I'm gone...and be sitting here waiting for me instead of being torn open immediately and taken into the den to be hand lathered.

Oh yeah, I'm also getting some Tabac ASB, Cella, and 100 more Astra SP blades so I don't ever run out!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I know the feeling. My fiance couldn't understand why I immediately unwrapped my Simpson 56 when it arrived and whipped up some later I didn't even need at the time (I had already shaved).

I'm really interested in your thoughts on the H3, Bob. I've been using the H4, and it's a stellar brush. The H3 has a much smaller knot, and I'm curious to hear how i works with soaps.

I'm really interested in your thoughts on the H3, Bob. I've been using the H4, and it's a stellar brush. The H3 has a much smaller knot, and I'm curious to hear how i works with soaps.
+1 on that. I also have a H4 and it makes lathering MWF stupid easy

Well, I have MWF, Tabac, and I just got a small tub of Cella so I'll have plenty of choices!

The brush arrived while I was gone but it was still fun opening it for the first time. Once I reach a good stopping point for work I'm going downstairs and lathering it up!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice work! It is great to see all of these lesser-known Simpson brushes hitting the headlines.

I hand-lathered this brush four times, twice with Clubman shampoo and twice with MWF. The brush tore up the soap and I easily had enough on the brush to make gobs of lather after loading for only 15-20 seconds.

I took some before pics and then some after pics with the Duke 2 for comparison. The Duke was dry so it wasn't a fair bloom shot but it is all I had time for right now. In the overhead shot the H3 is on the left, D2 on the right.

I like the feel of this handle and that extra bit of height over the Duke is nice. I'm looking forward to a full scale face lather tomorrow to see how this feels on my face.

Oh, and it shed one hair on the second shampoo.

It was a very good shaving experience. I face lathered with Tabac and had plenty of slick lather. The brush was easy to load, gave up the lather easily, and felt good on my face. I'll use it for a few days and then compare with the Duke 2 and X3.

The handle felt good in my hand and the brush wasn't scratchy at all but definitely had more of a scrubbing feel than some of the softer tipped brushes.

The thing is that I have one more on the way, a Simpson Special, and that will bring my total to 13.

I think a new set of pictures is in order and will take them in a bit!

Top Bottom