What's new

Calling ALL Semogue 1305 owners!! Is this normal for a Semogue 1305?

Hi, this question is for those who have a semogue 1305 painted brush. I received this in the mail today(brand new) and I had a couple of questions about the brush.

#1. The paint on the top(white end) of the brush has about 2-3 small like bubbles(that popped), I can feel them as run my across the brush top.
proxy.php

ALL of the black marks were done with Microsoft paint on the photos , not on the brush!(In case you were wondering lol)

#2. The glue around the ring seems uneven, with some coming out and other parts of around the brush seems to be "tucked in" better or not appearing to be showing as much.
proxy.php

I LOVE the SOC :001_wub: that I have and I really like the look of the 1305 and was just wondering if the brush would be okay with these possible faults or should I get a replacement? Bought it from Shaving.ie only other place I could find Semogue(website based in Ireland, I'm in the USA).

I dont have that kind of bumbs on my brush, but i can feel few of them in my brush (but they havent popped).

I would not worry about it. I had the brush for one year and it's still in the same condition as i got it.

Dont know about the glue part thought. Mine seems to be fine on that part.

Anyways wonderful brush! I hope you get everything worked out.

Yes the paint issue is normal(mine has it also), I thought there was athread on that issue somewhere. Im not sure about the glue. I would prolly ask for a replacement though.

Last edited:
I love the brush but I have the same problems. The quality controls are terrible by Semogue and they should not have released brushes in this condition for sale.

Hi, this question is for those who have a semogue 1305 painted brush. I received this in the mail today(brand new) and I had a couple of questions about the brush.

#1. The paint on the top(white end) of the brush has about 2-3 small like bubbles(that popped), I can feel them as run my across the brush top.
proxy.php

ALL of the black marks were done with Microsoft paint on the photos , not on the brush!(In case you were wondering lol)

#2. The glue around the ring seems uneven, with some coming out and other parts of around the brush seems to be "tucked in" better or not appearing to be showing as much.
proxy.php

I LOVE the SOC :001_wub: that I have and I really like the look of the 1305 and was just wondering if the brush would be okay with these possible faults or should I get a replacement? Bought it from Shaving.ie only other place I could find Semogue(website based in Ireland, I'm in the USA).

I have one with the same imperfections and I'm not worried about it. Interestingly enough I have a Semogue 830 with a clear handle and those imperfections aren't present.

My 1305 has the exact same imperfections (mine has more paint problems, actually). It does not effect the performance of the brush. I wouldn't worry about it. I thought about exchanging mine at first, too, but there is no guarantee the next brush will be any better. QC on these brushes is pretty poor, in my opinion.

My 1305 has a few beige paint swirls where the handle was (probably) dipped, but that's it. Some will call that imperfection, I'm happy with 'unique'.

The glue is a bit messy and not something I've ever seen with a semogue, and if it bothers you, both things together could be candidates for replacement.

The paint should be ok. The glue would worry me more. I'd email shaving.ie and ask about possible replacements. Or email Vintage Scents and ask about the issue (not ask for replacement, obviously, since you didn't get the brush from there) because they might have a good idea if it'll be an issue in the future.

Really interested in the Semogues, 1305 or 1470 will be my next brush!

I have one with the same imperfections and I'm not worried about it. Interestingly enough I have a Semogue 830 with a clear handle and those imperfections aren't present.

I also have an 830 but mine arrived with a small scratch on the bottom of the handle. I asked about it and was told it was quality checked prior to shipping and that the flaw occurred during shipping. It doesn't seem possible considering how well it was packaged but whatever, I kept it anyway and it's a great brush.

Top Bottom