What's new

Guess that movie quote

Guys.....the barely asterisked curse words will get this thread shut down. It's probably only because there are a limited number of participants that we get away with it.
Please tone it down.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/346846-Is-this-ok?highlight=cursing

Tony,

Happy to comply, but it was my understanding that this is referencing general commentary in posts. This particular thread deals specifically with quoting movies, which I thought would make it "sorta" exempt from the guidelines specified in the thread you referenced. I would certainly not use any obscenities - asterisked or otherwise - in any post, or comment, on any thread, simply as a matter of decorum. However, given the specific subject matter of this thread, perhaps an exception would be considered appropriate. As Ed stated, the only folks frequenting this thread are guys who watch a lot of movies, and sometimes the obscenities are what make a particular quote memorable.

I'm not in the Stew circle any more, so perhaps this might be something to bring up, just to get a definitive answer one way or the other. Again, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we will comply with whatever wisdom issues from the Mod cave.

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'll just weigh in and note that I got the smack down from Ouch for posting spicy language in this thread. Not sure what the diff is between posting the words themselves or posting the words with an asterisk substituted for a letter.

And like Price, I too would never post that language anywhere else in the forum but thought this thread was a bit of an exception. Was told I was wrong though.

I'm not sure how the asterisk discussion will end up, but to get things moving again, Price's is Lawless.

Keeping it clean until we have a definitive ruling, here's a gimme. Play on: Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug.

Sorry for the delay.

Connected:

Okay, let me ask you a question, who's side did you take in the big David Lee Roth-Van Halen split?
What?

What kind of question is that?

Who's side did you take: Halen or Roth?

...Van Halen

HE'S A COP!

Connected, should be easy! Play on!

"If you're edged 'cause I'm weazin all your grindage, just chill. 'Cause if I had the whole brady bunch thing happenin' at my pad, I'd go grind over there, so dont tax my gig so hard-core cruster."

I've exhausted my knowledge of Pauly Shore movies and I couldn't think of one from the movie I wanted to go with, so I'll use this one:

I was wondering if you could help me? I, um, seem to have lost my Congressional Medal of Honor around here somewhere.

Nah, knew it right away, saw that bar scene too many times, just at work now, so minor distractions!

Ok and now for the connection:

"You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

Top Bottom