Thread: Something Different for ASB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Something Different for ASB

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this morning instead of using my normal ASB I noticed my wife's lotion (Eucerin Dry Skin body lotion) and I thought "what the he**...I'll give it a try as an ASB".
    It left my face feeling wonderfully smooth and soft without any greasiness.
    Has anyone else ever tried a body lotion as their ASB before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I used hair conditioner as an ASB before and it worked pretty good, though I have now some Rescue Cream that I want to try it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ph33nyx View Post
    Has anyone else ever tried a body lotion as their ASB before?

"After shave balm" is just a fancy term for moisturizer. It might have some specific products added to smell more 'masculine' and maybe some astringent to deal with nicks and cuts, but there's nothing inherently different between you balm and a quality facial moisturizer.
    Just call me Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's basically what my boyfriend uses now, except his menthol, and he loves it. Regular old lotion is absolutely wonderful, in my opinion.
    ~Just as a note, I'm a 20 year old, dorm apartment-living female.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Images

As I have posted before, I use my wife's moisturizer frequently. Her product contains something called called hyaluronic acid - and boy does it soothe any razor burn or irritation. Plus, it does a great job on my skin.
    Jim P. - Chandler, Arizona

ackvil
    (at) badgerandblade.com

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiast.
    Any questions? Just ask! Since I may not read all of the posts feel free to PM or Email me.

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum." Jack Kemp.
    "Be a gentleman at all times. Shine your shoes, shave every day, be considerate of others, and don't chew with your mouth open." Words of advice from my late mother.

Check Out the B&B YouTube Channel and the B&B Video Library for some great information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ackvil View Post
    As I have posted before, I use my wife's moisturizer frequently. Her product contains something called called hyaluronic acid - and boy does it soothe any razor burn or irritation. Plus, it does a great job on my skin.
    Hmm, what brand has that in it? That's a very interesting molecule.
    ~Just as a note, I'm a 20 year old, dorm apartment-living female.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Go West Young Man View Post
    "After shave balm" is just a fancy term for moisturizer. It might have some specific products added to smell more 'masculine' and maybe some astringent to deal with nicks and cuts, but there's nothing inherently different between you balm and a quality facial moisturizer.
    Not for me; I have tried moisturizers as an ASB, and they havent provided the soothing effect I get from an ASB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey ph33nyx, are you still using Eucerin? I currently do some work with Eucerin, and it is a great after shave, because of its ability to help skin retain moisture, and avoid the feeling of tightness that is associated with dry skin after shaving.