What's new

Help finding a good soap for sensitive skin!

Hi there peeps.
I need a new soap, and I want a unscented one for my sensitive skin.

Please reccomend me some brands, which gives NO burn whatsoever. You who have sensitive skin knows what i'm talking about.

Please leave a link to a webshop for me to shop from, prefferably a EU based one.

Thanks! :)

I've enjoyed using Mitchell's Wool Fat soap. Once you learn how to lather it it is great for sensitive skin. It does contain lanolin which does casue an allergic reaction for some, but I've had no problems with it. You can find it relatively cheaply at http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk/sundries.php.

The other soap I have used which works well is Van Der Hagen Select. It's a glycerin based soap, lathers well, does not have a strong smell and is very gentle to the skin.

Even though you asked about soaps, TOBS Jermyn cream for sensitive skin is great. Using a little of this with the MWF to make a superlather works really well. Best of luck!

Proraso Ultra Sensitive...comes is a white tub...I don't know any EU based vendors but it should be easy to find. It works very well and has a clean fresh scent.

Palmolive stick. EU based, no lanolin which can irritate some, very mild scent that I've never heard of anyone getting irritated from, cheap as dirt and is an supreme product.

Try MWF as suggested, but some have allergies to Lanolin (just be cognizant)

Also, I have found NancyBoy's line (Replenishing - cucumber scent or Signature creme) to be excellent cremes for sensitive skin. They whip up into amazing lathers. too. Check them out

I had reactions to a couple tallow soaps, but have really gotten along with AOS unscented soap. Works and lathers great and no irritation issues.

Ben

I have an AOS lavender for sensitive skin already, and I reacted to that :/ Felt a slight burn on the 2nd pass.

I am ordering the Proraso sensitive, MWF shaving soap + a palmolive stick from shaving.ie :)

Thanks for the reccomendations!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I currently use Proraso cream and am wondering about giving soaps a try once more. So far my only soapy experience (well, the only "shaving" one anyways :blushing: ) is with Williams. Which would be better to try: C&E or a Col.Conk?

Art of Shaving unscented is the least irritating I've found so far. Lavender is apparently an irritant for some people, so your AOS lather experience may not be reflective of how the unscented will perform for you. Scent is often the make or break ingredient for sensitive skin, as you know.

I haven't tried MWF yet, but it's in the bullpen for tomorrow. :thumbup1:

Honestly, Williams doesn't really irritate for my sensitive skin, although the lather is not that great. It's not my first choice by a long shot, but it'll do in a pinch.

Top Bottom