What's new

Yet another Question

Well it looks like I have been bitten by RAD. While I was out looking for a Slim Adjustable at the flea market last weekend I came across a Rocket and an other razor that was made in The Czech Republic. The Czech razor is in a little soft case, possibly leather most likely not, with two containers. I am going back this weekend for the Rocket and may pick up the other one as well. Does anyone have any idea what the Czech razor may be? I looked it over but couldn't find anything else on it. It was an open comb BTW if that helps.
I have been searching for info on razors made in the Czech Republic since Sunday and have found nothing.

I am most likely stating that it was made in the Czech Republic wrong. I am going from memory and to be honest I have had a few concussions so some times it isn't that good. I will be going back for the Rocket, not sure what model it was because I had my mind set on a finding a slim and I will check out the Czech razor more closely. I still haven't found any info on razors that came from that part of the world yet. I would say from the styling of the case and looks of the razor that it would be early to mid 50s era, but I would also say that chances are that I am way off with that too.

Isn't RAD wonderful?? :thumbup:

No its horrible, I have spent the last few days with this crazy glazed look, drooling over pictures of razors on here and ebay:drool: I am in the middle of a knife grinder build too and every razor I buy puts me behind on that. Good thing razors are relatively cheap:biggrin1: and I have till spring to get the grinder done:thumbup1:

Oh I will probably buy it as long as the price is right, I was just trying to find something out about who was making razors in that area.
The sellers at this flea market didn't seam to have much interest in razors so I should be able to talk him down in price a few dollars. Ther was on guy there with a crap load (well over 100) of vintage blades that he was selling at a buck a piece because of what he refered to as the "advertising" on the packaging

So after a few days of searching the internet I think I may have come up with a possible maker for the mystery razor. I think it may be a Soluna, but I wont bet the rent on it yet, I will have to take another look at it on Saturday.

No its horrible, I have spent the last few days with this crazy glazed look, drooling over pictures of razors on here and ebay:drool: I am in the middle of a knife grinder build too and every razor I buy puts me behind on that. Good thing razors are relatively cheap:biggrin1: and I have till spring to get the grinder done:thumbup1:

Hi fellow knife maker! You could just buy a KMG, but where is the fun in that. Mine has a DC treadmill motor, complete with all the controls - I can't figure out a work around to the speed control. I have a complete set of prints for a KMG copy that the Guild of Metalsmiths in Minneapolis put together last year, if you are interested. PM me, if you want.
Skip

Hi fellow knife maker! You could just buy a KMG, but where is the fun in that. Mine has a DC treadmill motor, complete with all the controls - I can't figure out a work around to the speed control. I have a complete set of prints for a KMG copy that the Guild of Metalsmiths in Minneapolis put together last year, if you are interested. PM me, if you want.
Skip
I went with the Grinder in a Box kit that Jamie at Polar Bear Forge is selling. It should be here sometime in the next week or so, I already have the motor, and a VFD is on the way too, but it is taking a round about way to get here

So I went back to the Flea Market today, and picked up the Rocket
proxy.php

and the Czech razor, it was a Soluna.
proxy.php

The Rocket is in its original box with the original blade holder and a few blue blades. It even has the original paper work in there too. Not sure what it is worth, but it looks to be in nearly unused condition. I have it sitting in hot water and dish soap right now. There are a few wiskers and a little bit of soap scum so I know it was used, but not much. On first uncleaned inspection I can see no brassing scratches or tarnish any where on the razor, but cleaning it up will tell for sure.
proxy.php

I will post again once it is cleaned up and I can take some better pictures.

I swear that the Soluna was never used, no scratches or soap scum on it any where. The case is leather all be it very light leather. One of the two containers has a couple of minor dings in the lid but no scratches. I don't know if I will hold on to this one. I may try it out and then sell it
proxy.php

I need to charge my camera battery but I will take some more pictures of it later.

So I just finished cleaning up the Rocket. It didn't take long because it wasn't dirty at all. This one shines like crazy, I have found one superficial nick on a door and you have to really look to see the mild surface scratches on it. My battery is still charging, but I think this one may be in too good of condition to use and may serve a collector better than myself.

The Rocket all cleaned up, for some reason I can't take good pictures:confused1 Maybe its because its because it is too shinny, or I have drank too much coffee today and have a bad case of the shakes:tongue_sm

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes that is the safety bar reflecting off the inside of the doors

And the case
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And now the Soluna, no cleaning done to it just a quick wipe for finger prints after I noticed them in the pictures:blush:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom