What's new

Barber Shop smelling cream suggestions?

Well I was looking around the net and finally found what I had been looking for all these years. I had been searching for the products that my old barber used. Distinctive bottles, color of liquids spot on...It's Lucky Tiger Brand. So I am going to order a bunch of their products and the shave den will start smelling like I want it to.

I don't want to go with the lucky tiger brushless cream though. I quite like my brush thanks. And my barber liked his. As I remember the shave cream he used it had a spicy almond like smell to it. It doesn't need to be spot on with what he used but can you gents recommend something that would be complimentary to the Lucky tiger products? Something that screams barber shop would be great.

Thanks guys. I was so excited I was actually looking at barber poles on ebay till the wife asked "you don't intend to put that in the bathroom do you." :glare:

Something that "screams" barbershop? The only ones that spring to mind immediately are Erasmic (no longer made but still available at a few places online) and "Shaving Shop" by Taylor of Old Bond Street. Taylor's Sandalwood is also a barbershop scent, going the powdery, spicy/sweet route.

In terms of almond, there are several possibilities from Taylor, Trumper, Harris and the "crema sapone" Italian products (Cella, Figaro, etc).

What about the Lucky Tiger "Liquid" cream? I've never tried it but apparently it lathers.

You've come to the right place.

There are many incredible Almond creams. I favor the Italian old school stuff.

Barbershop though? Gentleman's refinery comes to mind. The scent is cool old school. Request samples from the company.

For almond how about Acca Kappa?

As others have mentioned, some of the English companies make almond creams as well, including T&H and TOBS.

If you use SOAP instead of creams the possibilities are almost endless. Go to the soap forum and ask about almond-scented soaps. You'll get a ton of answers.

You've come to the right place.

There are many incredible Almond creams. I favor the Italian old school stuff.

Barbershop though? Gentleman's refinery comes to mind. The scent is cool old school. Request samples from the company.

+1

Cella, P.160, Valobra, Acca Kappa... these are all Almond scented soft soaps that not only smell great but give high performance as well.

Thanks guys. I was so excited I was actually looking at barber poles on ebay till the wife asked "you don't intend to put that in the bathroom do you." :glare:

:lol::lol::lol:

Something that "screams" barbershop? The only ones that spring to mind immediately are Erasmic (no longer made but still available at a few places online) and "Shaving Shop" by Taylor of Old Bond Street. Taylor's Sandalwood is also a barbershop scent, going the powdery, spicy/sweet route.

In terms of almond, there are several possibilities from Taylor, Trumper, Harris and the "crema sapone" Italian products (Cella, Figaro, etc).

What about the Lucky Tiger "Liquid" cream? I've never tried it but apparently it lathers.

+1, I love this scent.

Personally, anything that smells like Talkcum powder reminds me of a barber shop. Must be the dusting some give your neck at the end.

There is a bit of debate at the moment whether erasmic are discontinuing their original shaving cream... there is a new line of products called "erasmic supreme" and to be fair the shaving cream does smell very similar to the original erasmic. Best thing I would say if you really want the barbershop scent is to hoard a few tubes of erasmic if you want... the only other thing I have found to be close to barbershop scents would be noxzema or proraso ( some of my formative years were spent in an italian barbershop where proraso was the norm.

Top Bottom