What's new

Help me decide

Alright fellas... My VDH brush is loosing hairs by the second. No biggie to me. So I'm trying to decide if I want to pull hte knot out of it and replace it with something from TGN or just get another brush. I havent used the brush in awhile because I've been using my shea moisture one from target and it works great. I', trying to keep the price low and I know its nothing special just looking for a daily use thing.

So should I re-knot it or just trash it and get another one?

Last edited:
If you want to get an inexpensive brush, but still want one that is not absolute crap, get an Omega or a Semogue boar brush.

well what Ive decided so far was a knot and a puck of soap from TGN, Thinking sandelwood or lavender soap or This and a pack of blades from WCS....

well what Ive decided so far was a knot and a puck of soap from TGN, Thinking sandelwood or lavender soap or This and a pack of blades from WCS....
Looks like a good way to go ...

No matter what knot you put into that VdH, you're still stuck with a crummy handle. Its made from cheap plastic, not molded very well, and far too lightweight.

Don't throw it away, though ... the VdH is still useful around the house for other tasks, like daubing on shoe-polish, etc.

Well I pulled the trigger and just ordered this stick, some blades, and a new brush. for 21 bucks shiped cant beat it. They were out of the puck of that scent of soap so I figured I'd give the stick a try and see if I like it and if not ill just mil it down and form it to a bowl. Pics will come when it arrives.

Well Checked the tracking and it said it was delivered today. Hella fast shipping seeing how I'm in MD and my guess theyre in CA. Im stuck at work untill 11 tonight then I get to play with everything:biggrin1:

Well I tried using the shaving stick and it wasnt for me. Loved the scent but the stick and face lathering wasnt gonna happen. So I melted it down into a bowl. Its my first Bay rum scented thing and I love it. I'm going to have to get just plain bay rum and plain sandelwood to compare it. I got the Dorco 301 blades. The same day I got the STSASA PIF in the mail so I poped one of the dorco blades in it. Man it was bouncing all over my face and chewing it up. So I poped the dorco blade into my Merkur open comb and it was getting closer shaves than my crystal blades. Maybe theyre just not good in the injector razor. The Brush is great. The past two nights Ive been spending some time just whipping it around to break it in. Its starting to get there. Its soft with some backbone and a lil scrubby too.

Brand new
proxy.php

whipping up some lather
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A lil wet still
proxy.php

proxy.php

completely dried out
proxy.php

as you can see it still needs a lil more breaking in
proxy.php

Nice! Good job on the lather. Is that razor a Slim or a Super Adjustable with a chrome handle?

Its a super adjustable. Its kinda 3 colors. A lighter and darker satin kinda on the handle and then polished chrome for everything else. Get on the list so you can try it out

Heave been talking with Rudy Vey, and He will be making a Butterscotch Beehive with a 24mm knot to add to the collection as well. I cant wait

Top Bottom