I thought I'd share the first two brushes that I put new knots into. I wasn't really looking to make any collector pieces. I just wanted to make some good brushes to use.
The Black and Gold EverReady 500PBT is the brush that I have been using for years. But it's been losing hairs and getting thinner and thinner. I used a 20mm Super Badger fan from TGN.
The Red and Cream EverReady 100 was a boar brush that I bought on the BST. I used a 22mm silvertip knot with extra hair from TGN.
I was concerned that I would glue the knots in at an angle since both of the handles were hollow. I test fitted the knots and decided how deep to set them. Then I filled the handles with polyester resin. Once that was cured I just spread a thin coat of epoxy on the bottom of the knots and pressed them in place. It gave the brushes just the right heft and it made installing the knots squarely foolproof.
I used rotary rasp bits in a cordless drill to hog out the old knots. They worked slick.
In full bloom after one shave each.