What's new

Always Learning

When I started shaving I bought a SuperSpeed for a few bucks and then upgraded to the Red Tip. I liked the feel of the Red Tip and the shave was close, but it was just a little harsh on certain spots on my face.

Being new at the time and hearing all the fuss about the Merkur 34C HD, I tried that out. I loved it. It's a great razor. I was getting great shaves, but as with the SuperSpeed I needed an extra pass to get near BBS.

Still there sat that cool Red Tip that I'd break out now and again.

Today I got the best darned shave of my life with it. See with the SuperSpeed, with my beard and growth pattern I need to do a lot of skin stretching. Same with the Merkur. With skin stretching the Merkur HD gives me a fantastic shave.

Today, using the Red Tip, I did zero skin stretching. None, nada, zero, and the shave was superlative. Seems with the somewhat more aggressive Red Tip I was taking a more aggressive technique than needed with the skin stretching. It did so in one less pass than any other razor.

So now I know and it seems so obvious. It never stops being fun.

Red tips give awesome shaves! Best shave I have given myself since using DE's again has been with a red tip and Gillette Super Blues. Have just gotten a slim adjustable and this will probably replace the red tip in rotation but still ya gotta love 'em.

Red tips give awesome shaves! Best shave I have given myself since using DE's again has been with a red tip and Gillette Super Blues. Have just gotten a slim adjustable and this will probably replace the red tip in rotation but still ya gotta love 'em.

I'm keen to try an adjustable now.

Top Bottom