What's new

Encre Noire - EdT vs EdP

In a buying frenzy on ebay last night I got 2 samples of Terre d'Hermes (really loving this one lately) 2 samples of GIT (only tried this recently and it's growing on me) and 2 samples of Encre Noir (a new favorite thanks to Mudassir). I mostly stick to samples so I can spread the money further and keep trying new stuff :thumbup1:

Anyway, the sample of Encre Noir I received from Mudassir was EdT and the smell is beautiful. In my buying frezny last night I didn't realize until after I paid that the samples I purchased on ebay were actually EdP.

Has anyone smelled the EdT side by side with the EdP and if so how do they compare? If you have only smelled the EdP I would love to hear from you as well regarding the scent. I hope I didn't screw up on this but at least it's only $5.00 if I did. :blushing:

I am pretty sure that the edp samples you bought on ebay are that of Encre Noire pour elle.

The edp version of Encre Noire pour homme is worth a fortune at around US$800 as it comes in a limited edition crystal bottle.

I am pretty sure that the edp samples you bought on ebay are that of Encre Noire pour elle.

The edp version of Encre Noire pour homme is worth a fortune at around US$800 as it comes in a limited edition crystal bottle.

+1 I was thinking the same.

Encre Noire and Terre d'Hermes are both full worthy.:thumbup1:

Hi All, Enre Noir EDP does not exist, so whatever you bought on ebay was not authentic. I work for the company and it only exists in EDT. You get the same juice in a limited edition Crystal bottle but you pay a lot for the actual Crystal!!!

Hi All, Enre Noir EDP does not exist, so whatever you bought on ebay was not authentic. I work for the company and it only exists in EDT. You get the same juice in a limited edition Crystal bottle but you pay a lot for the actual Crystal!!!

Just to clarify - Encre Noire pour Elle EDP is what I purchased:

BUY IT NOW - Not an Auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7&si=jIsxOW4BeiH6utmDPisPjX3s3BM%3D&viewitem=

http://www.google.com/products/cata...TLGVL5G2Nq_S3JcP&sa=image&ved=0CAgQ8gIwADgA#p

also, double check your GIT samples are legit. I'm not saying they aren't, but it's one of the more common faked ones.

Yes, everything was legit, I was just confused by the Encre Noire samples because I wasn't aware at the time that there was a "pour elle" version of this fragrance. I assumed I purchased EDP pour homme but I was mistaken.

I gave the Encre Noire pour elle samples to my girlfriend and really love the smell of it on her.

Encre Noir is such a deep, dark, earthy frag. I don't think I could imagine it on a woman.. is the women's EdP more feminine? :w00t:

I made the same mistake a while back - probably purchased from the same vendor (2ml spray vials). The pour elle version is lovely in its own right, but somewhat disappointing as a counterpoint to the male version. I smelled precious little vetiver in it, and it's not particularly distinctive IMO.

Encre Noir is such a deep, dark, earthy frag. I don't think I could imagine it on a woman.. is the women's EdP more feminine? :w00t:

The EdP is more feminine and I really enjoy smelling it when my girlfriend wears it. I don't get much vetiver when she wears it but I think that's a good thing personally. I get a light floral over amber and musk, very nice.

Guys! There is Encre Noir EDT for men and also Encre Noir Pour Elle EDP for ladies. Encre Noir EDP does not exist but you might get a higher concentration (then EDT) juice in the limited edition Crystal bottle. Encre Noir Pour Elle EDP was launched last summer and it is for ladies. It has the same vetiver note as the Encre Noir EDT but it also has white musk and Bulgarian Rose as main ingredients. I hope it makes things clearer!!!!

Hi Garry, Clearly you bought Encre Noir Pour Elle EDP which is for ladies. Any questions about Lalique please shoot!!!

Hi Garry, Clearly you bought Encre Noir Pour Elle EDP which is for ladies. Any questions about Lalique please shoot!!!

You are correct sir. The card didn't specify pour elle but the actual sample vials were clearly marked Encre Noire Pour Elle EDP. Also, on the sale page on ebay, it was clearly stated that this was for EDP for women :blushing: In my buying frenzy I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

Anyway, I did end up buying a full size bottle of the EDT pour homme and absolutely adore this scent.

Guys! There is Encre Noir EDT for men and also Encre Noir Pour Elle EDP for ladies. Encre Noir EDP does not exist but you might get a higher concentration (then EDT) juice in the limited edition Crystal bottle. Encre Noir Pour Elle EDP was launched last summer and it is for ladies. It has the same vetiver note as the Encre Noir EDT but it also has white musk and Bulgarian Rose as main ingredients. I hope it makes things clearer!!!!

There is an issue of ENCRE NOIRE Eau de Parfum ( for men ) in cristal bottle, but the strench of EdT issue is very very good and it lasts for ever. ENCRE NOIRE is my favourite Vetiver:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom