What's new

Proraso cream or soap?

Any opinions on which is better the cream or the soap?? I have only used the cream and was wondering if i should try the soap next? So what do you guys lie better?

I use the Proraso Sensitive skin soap most days. The standard has a lot of menthol in it which my skin doesn't care for. I have used the CF Bigelow creme from Bath and Body Works which I understand is Proraso. The soap is great, last a long time and and just works for me.

Matt

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The soap or cream will give you almost identical results. The scent is the same and I dried some proraso cream at one stage to do a shave stick. The performance remains the same and it's exactly like the soap. I'd say the soap will last longer than the cream.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129506

Jokes aside, I haven't tried the cream, but I got the soap which I think is very good.
Don't believe the difference can be that big between the cream and soap, given the consistency of the soap.

I can't give a comparison, if there is a shave stick version of it I'd love it because face lathering with a stick is just so easy.

I have been fortunate to recieve a tube of Proraso cream in a PIF. It's definately a :thumbup: two thumbs up shave. But lathering a cream - I don't really have a decent bowl for it yet, I'm looking, and palm lathering seems very rough on my brush.

Thanks guys, I think I am going to try the sensitive soap, the eucalyptus and menthol in the regular cream is a bit strong for my sensitive skin.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I can't give a comparison, if there is a shave stick version of it I'd love it because face lathering with a stick is just so easy.

I have been fortunate to recieve a tube of Proraso cream in a PIF. It's definately a :thumbup: two thumbs up shave. But lathering a cream - I don't really have a decent bowl for it yet, I'm looking, and palm lathering seems very rough on my brush.

You could make your own shave stick if you want. See the link I posted. I used it this morning actually (Proraso Stick) and it works quite well! Sunday is Proraso shave!

Thanks guys, I think I am going to try the sensitive soap, the eucalyptus and menthol in the regular cream is a bit strong for my sensitive skin.

There's still a bit of menthol in the sensitive skin version. If you want the same scent with less menthol I would recommend Omega shaving cream or shaving soap.

I would go for the cream at home and the small soap container for travel. They are both very similar, excellent performers and good values. If you don't like menthol/eucalyptus, go for the white soap, but I found it personally to be not as good for my skin as the green one, even though my skin is rather delicate!

when i went to a barber shop in toronto, the barber said that soaps last longer than creams.

so if that means anything to you?

I like both and think there is little if no difference in the performance (at least with my limited consistency of loading technique)

You cannot go wrong with either

Both are equally great! Personally I prefer the tubs of soap as they are slightly cheaper and I seem to get a better lather with them...however I have used the soap a lot more than the cream. So it is probably useless comparison! I am sure the performance is exactly the same.
The tubes of cream look wonderfully iconic however compared to the soap tubs.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom