What's new

What scents will you go out of your way to sniff?

Do you have scents that you can't resist sniffing. Like you'll take a detour to take a whiff of it?

For me...I cannot avoid sniffing Alcolado on my hands (which all too quickly goes away).

Also my shaving brush has collected a profound smell---I'll open the medicine cabinet just to smell the air coming out and sniff the brush. Its so nice...:tongue_sm

Last edited:
Lilacs. When I was a kid they grew wild in a field behind my house... it always takes me back. I've tried the Lilac/Lavender from Mama Bear - very nice. Does anybody know of any other good lilac scents?

I think I smell just about all my soaps/creams :lol: I keep my soaps/creams in a shoebox, when I open the box its like one big great smell comes out and slaps me in the face.. mmmm just great :thumbup1:

Lilacs. When I was a kid they grew wild in a field behind my house... it always takes me back. I've tried the Lilac/Lavender from Mama Bear - very nice. Does anybody know of any other good lilac scents?

Yes...me too. Eastern Washington---May was heavily perfumed with lilacs in my little town.

The smell of fresh lilacs can almost make me cry...

I just enjoy walking into our bathroom during the day sometime after I've gotten ready for the day, and catching the blend of scents from shaving creams and soaps, aftershaves, and colognes, although I think the colognes are the primary contributors.

The old school benzene based markers.

Oh, you meant in terms of shaving?

Honestly I can't get enough of any of them and I have a drawer full of samples. TOBS, Trumpers, Speick, T&H, what a treasure trove this hobby has introduced me to. Every single one is an experience , even the ones I dislike. My 3 year old son agrees -wetshaver in the making :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

I was going to post this anyway...

Lilac Vegetal.

Caveat: On the skin, not at the open bottle cap.

If you want to smell it out of the bottle you MUST decant it from the plastic bottle into a glass bottle, and after a few days it is "bottle smell safe".

Leather. There's a chain hobby store by my house that sells DIY leather goods and hides. I stop in once a month just to smell the merchandise. Have talked with the manager before and there's others that do the same thing.

In terms of cologne/AS, Aramis and Florida Water.

Beerman

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I love the smell of carnations. There are some musk perfumes that if worn subtlety by a woman who does not resemble the hunch back of Notre Dame just are terribly distracting in a "are you a male or what?" way.

Top Bottom