What's new

Red Personas

Awesome:thumbup1:

First blade out of my sampler that did not suck. As a matter of fact, the greatness of the Red Persona makes up for the crappy nature of the SHARK and DERBY previously tried out. YMMV of course!

Red Personas. I think I like these better than the feathers in my slant. No irritation at all on the neck!

Whoooeee!

Still more blades to try. I am looking forward to the pack with the ALLIGATOR on it next.:thumbup:

If you live in California, Persona Reds are being carried at your local 99 Cent store. $1.00 per puck of 5.

One of my faves. And definitely try the Nacets (ones with the crocodile on it). I find them super sharp, yet super smooth too.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Red Personna is a great blade. Very smooth and forgiving.
Are yours in the red packaging or the blue packaging (european)?

Holy Necro!
Hahaha... it's still true though! Also, for any of the gents who are still relatively new to this, the Personna Platinums in the white plastic dispensers (blue box of 200) are the newly repackaged 'Reds' (also referred to as 'Israeli Reds').

And I couldn't agree more about these and Nacets! I get well over 40 shaves out of both (head and face shaver here). Average shavers should easily get 100 shaves from a single blade.

Hahaha... it's still true though! Also, for any of the gents who are still relatively new to this, the Personna Platinums in the white plastic dispensers (blue box of 200) are the newly repackaged 'Reds' (also referred to as 'Israeli Reds').

And I couldn't agree more about these and Nacets! I get well over 40 shaves out of both (head and face shaver here). Average shavers should easily get 100 shaves from a single blade.
I loved so much the Reds that when I saw that they are repackaged in the European box white/blue and its cheaper made me wowed and I wanted to order 100 pack, but then I read on the reviews that people say the blue/white reds are not the same as the reds.

I ordered sample and sure enough they are not even close, glad I didn't order 100 pack of the so called Reds for Euro market in blue/white box

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Awesome:thumbup1:

First blade out of my sampler that did not suck. As a matter of fact, the greatness of the Red Persona makes up for the crappy nature of the SHARK and DERBY previously tried out. YMMV of course!

Red Personas. I think I like these better than the feathers in my slant. No irritation at all on the neck!

Whoooeee!

Still more blades to try. I am looking forward to the pack with the ALLIGATOR on it next.:thumbup:
Very good choice of Personna red blade for a slant razor, I find for what ever reason when I pair it with my Wunderbar slant or RR 37 German slant the end results are excellent. Very good choice for your slant IMO.

Very good choice of Personna red blade for a slant razor, I find for what ever reason when I pair it with my Wunderbar slant or RR 37 German slant the end results are excellent. Very good choice for your slant IMO.
A big +1. My favorite blade in the German 37.

I loved so much the Reds that when I saw that they are repackaged in the European box white/blue and its cheaper made me wowed and I wanted to order 100 pack, but then I read on the reviews that people say the blue/white reds are not the same as the reds.

I ordered sample and sure enough they are not even close, glad I didn't order 100 pack of the so called Reds for Euro market in blue/white box
I own both. I find no difference at all. I've also never read anything to the contrary (you'll find threads even on B&B). Perhaps you ordered fakes? Duds? Also, they aren't sold in 100 packs. They're sold in packs of 200. Did you get a sample of the Personna Lab Blues, perhaps?

Must agree with the consensus: Israeli Reds are top-tier blades around here! :a14::a14::a14:

The only negative is the very confusing packaging.

The Israeli Red Personna blades are my favorite. Wonderfully smooth shave and they last as long as I feel like keeping them in the razor. Honestly my second place is Astra SP which seem to perform almost identical but I can’t quite get as many shaves out of them.

I used Red Personnas in my RR German slant and Ikon X3 slant. Smooth and efficient shaves and no irritation.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I'm using one now in my Slim, and have used them in the past in that razor, as well as my Red Tip. They're reliable and long-lasting.

Top Bottom