What's new

Has anyone had any experience with razorbrite soaking solution?

I have seen some of the discussions on soaking razors in alcohol or mineral oil between shaves. I have done that from time to time myself. My question is has anyone had any experience with a product called razorbrite? I think that somewhere in my basement there is a very old two piece crock that once used this product to soak razors. I thought that at one time this product was available in this country. It looks as though it is a British co.

Regards,

Doug

Razorbrite is used to extend the life of your razor blades. Considering the cost of DE razor blades, is this solution even useful from a financial standpoint?

That depends on how long the blades last then how much the solution costs. Subtract the cost of the solution from how much longer it makes the blade last. Though I just do not care. Fifteen dollars for 100 Supermax blades I would not use the blade life extender solution.

The pottery unit you have is from the 20's/30's and was popular for soaking razors in mineral oil to protect the blade. I don't have any information about the soaking product by the same name.

I've been to their website and if you're using the expensive cartridges and it works as advertised, then it does indeed have value. OTOH, if you're using DE blades, I can't imagine that it would be worth the cost. Their claim that some of their users are still using the same blade after a year sound a little over hyped. I'm looking at my blade stash and calculating that with 3-4 shaves per blade, I have almost a 5 year supply of blades on hand. I can't see it myself but YMMV.

I understand the original use for this product since the blades back then were carbon steel. I was just curious to see if anyone uses or has used this product or if it has any present day value. I agree that the web site spins a great deal of hyperbole. I suppose it could be used with Barbicide or other product to soak a gummed up razor. I think that I will see if I can find the old crock and put it out on a shelf. If nothing else it is a nice piece of family memorabilia.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom