What's new

I am driving myself crazy

Trying to decide what brush to buy.I swear I had trouble sleeping last night thinking about it.
I am wanting something primarily for face lathering with a short or medium loft.
Here is what I have now.
1.28mm Dan Capshaw silvertip,only use it for creams.
2.21mm Thater best,very nice brush but it is not the greatest for face lathering,it works but the hair flaires out.
3.SOC boar,does a great job with soaps bowl lathering.

Here is the contenders.
1.Simpson Duke 3
2.Simpson Chubby 1,Chubby 2
3.Shavemac,unsure about which one

I have read alot and it seems everyone likes all of these and that does not make the decision process easier.
Which one to pull the trigger on?

Paul

Budget would help definitely, along with is there anything else you are desiring in your new brush? Do you like short handles, long, inbetween? Any preferences of how the hair feels?

No budget limit,I can spend what I want to spend and I like the feel of large brushes on my face but nothing floppy.

Paul

Budget would help definitely, along with is there anything else you are desiring in your new brush? Do you like short handles, long, inbetween? Any preferences of how the hair feels?

No preference on handle,just as long as I can get a good grip.
I would assume it would need to be a little scrubbly to be a good face lather.

Paul

If I had to pick one... Chubby 2 in Super. Though a Chubby 2 two band and 26mm Shavemac D01 are in close second.

A Chubby 2 in 2-band or possibly in Best as well. I like the shape of the knot on the bests better than the 2-band Simpsons.

Another consideration is a Shavemac brush. The 2-band D01 is supposed to be great stuff, and you can customize this brush to how you'd want it. Here's a link for an already to order low loft 2-band D01, but you can look at the other handles and e-mail Bernd about a brush you want.

It does take a few days for Bernd to get back as he stays busy, but he will get back, and the time to make the brush and get it shipped to you, but Shavemac makes some mighty fine brushes, and they are quite special especially if you custom order one. You can get your name engraved on the brush should you choose! :thumbup1:

Well,it seem most of the votes have been for a Chubby 2 and that is what I am going to get and I see they are available at Truefitt and Hill,so I will use the 20% off code.

Thanks B&B:001_smile

Paul

Ok,the picture at T&H is of a two band brush,but the description says best.Now I have to decide if I need the two band or the best.

Paul

Top Bottom