What's new

Lucky Scent Scent Bar: Will I Regret Visiting?

I'm going to be in LA toward the end of the year. Will a visit to the Scent Bar at Lucky Scent be the thing to trigger an uncontrolled bout of spending that will end up putting my life in a tailspin?

Usually, im relieved that all the frags i thought i wanted aren't the magic i thought they might be.

Yes, I've certainly had that experience too. It can be very liberating. Otoh Nid, you might be totally screwed after going there. :thumbup1:

Let us know how it turns out!

No, you won't regret it. It can be overwhelming though. Recently met up there with a hard core Basenoter from out of state there.

I work a mile from there- if so inclined, let me know when you come and I'll stop by.

I do recommend looking over their website before you go to indentify some of what you want very much to sample there and write it down. It's a tiny store, but packed with samples. Can freak you out to just walk in and be hit with the giant collection.

Also note: the store is small, they don't have bottles for sale of everything- just a sampler in store. Their warehouse is about a mile away, and they can't always get it over same day.

Last edited:
Yes, I've certainly had that experience too. It can be very liberating. Otoh Nid, you might be totally screwed after going there.

That's my nightmare. Waking up in an alley in San Juan Capistrano, surrounded by dozens of empty fragrance bottles, a half-dozen credit cards melted into a glob in my hand.

I work a mile from there- if so inclined, let me know when you come and I'll stop by.

Also note: the store is small, they don't have bottles for sale of everything- just a sampler in store. Their warehouse is about a mile away, and they can't always get it over same day.

Thanks! If I can sneak away and go over there, I'll take you up on that. The limited availability for immediate sale might actually be a lifesaver! If I could grab everything and go straight to the register, I'd be in trouble.

That's my nightmare. Waking up in an alley in San Juan Capistrano, surrounded by dozens of empty fragrance bottles, a half-dozen credit cards melted into a glob in my hand.

Thanks! If I can sneak away and go over there, I'll take you up on that. The limited availability for immediate sale might actually be a lifesaver! If I could grab everything and go straight to the register, I'd be in trouble.

Don't breath easy yet...they have one or two bottles of MOST of them in store.

Last edited:
I regret finding the website. . . well at least my wife and credit card regret it. I can't imagine how much trouble I would be in if I actually visited the store! :w00t:

I find Scent Bar to be more like a fragrance gallery, so you get an education more than a temptation to buy buy buy. The sales people (Steve, Angela and Rachel) are so cool. They won't put any pressure on you at all. You can just hang out and talk shop.

Between the Scent Bar, Barney's and Neiman Marcus, you can get enough samples to keep you busy for weeks.

I also recommend Beverly Hills Perfumes on Wilshire. Alan is a very mellow guy who will let you try anything and they've got a lot of old-school stuff.

Oh, and Perfumes West on Westwood Blvd. They've actually got the full line of Trumper's frags with tester bottles.

Hey Chuck Norris- nice tips. Yes, the Beverly Hills Perfumery is a worthwhile stop for B&B guys. Lots of old stuff and usually petty flexible on price. Since it's bascially across the street from Barney's, Saks and Niemans, you can do a lot of sniffing in pretty tight little area. Too, that section of Wilshire is walking close to Rodeo Drive, where vitually everey designer has a boutique.

I have to check out Perfumes West- that's near me and I haven't been there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom