What's new

My Christmas Brushes !!I just won my dream brushes on the Bay !!

With all due respect to memento_mori, mine are prettier. (just kidding)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230532613867&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3232wt_1139

I so much admired the work that Brownbear did with the green bakelite handle that I have lusted for one ever since.

Now I have a green one, and a red one which gives a nice Christmas color theme.

For the green one, I am thinking of just cleaning it up or possibly taking the color back to the original sea-foam green.

Also, if I decide to re-knot them, I would think that a black badger knot might look best.

What do you think ?
And as I type that, I am thinking that I might just clean them up and display them proudly.

I am so excited.

You picked up some sweet brushes, George, and at a fantastic price at that. That green handle is some awesome kind of iridescent. :thumbup1:

Well, you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

But really though, those are quite striking! You have great taste in brushes. Are you thinking restoration?

Well, you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

But really though, those are quite striking! You have great taste in brushes. Are you thinking restoration?

Thank you MementoMori, yeah, I was just teasing you a bit.
These have a different kind of beauty than your terrific brush.

I think I will just clean them up and display them proudly.

I don't have them at hand yet, so that might sway me when I see them, but the knots look fairly decent and useable.

Have you decided if you are going to do a restore ?

Nice grab! Check the knots out when you get them as they may still be good. If you replace them, I really like the two-band Finest knots that Tony a TGN has. They work well and look great. I haven't had one of his black badger knots but it certainly would look nice as well.

Top Bottom