What's new

I just won my dream brush on eBay! So... to restore or not to restore?

Nice win! (I was watching... too rich for me!)

I would only restore it if it needs it - not being glib, but I suggest you wait till you see it - disinfect it when you get it & give it a run. The knot might be better than any you can replace it with.

Do you know who made these for Lauren? It's VERY cool... congratulations!

I was absolutely obsessed with this brush, and pretty much willing to pay whatever I needed to win. I'm usually not like that. It sold for about $20 under my snipe!

I have no idea who made it. I do know it's from the Safari collection, and there's apparently a matching mug out there somewhere. I'll grab it too if I ever see it.

You guys'll probably see some things on the BST from me soon. I really couldn't afford this, but I couldn't pass up the rare opportunity either.

that's an awesome looking brush, I concur with Bythebook entirely...disinfect it, inspect it and see what you think.

T

TreeHugger

I was following it as well. Too high for me, but a really great looking brush.

Nice brush! I've been using my Simpson AS2M and trying to find the niche that works for this brush. The knot is in great shape and I'm reluctant to replace it since it looks so nice.

I think this is a bowl lathering cream brush. Find out what works for you and my advice is to keep the original knot unless it is totally shot. Of course, it is your dream brush so if you want to put a black knot in it, why not?
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think there's wisdom in what you guys are saying. I'll keep the original knot and give it a shave or two before I make any hasty decisions. I especially don't want to tear it out of there if there's a chance it's a Rooney knot!

I was watching this one...beautiful brush! The knot looks very good in the pictures, I can't wait to hear how it performs. Please keep us updated on the brush after you receive it.

I think there's wisdom in what you guys are saying. I'll keep the original knot and give it a shave or two before I make any hasty decisions. I especially don't want to tear it out of there if there's a chance it's a Rooney knot!

Rooney made brushes for Barneys, Nieman Marcus, Floris and few others.

Looks like a very nice brush. Please report back after you have a chance to use it. Very nice score!

That's a beauty and will look awesome if you elect to re-knot it with a black knot.

Please post pics if you do so.

I'll bet it will feel like no other brush you own. I have a hard time describing how I imagine it will feel. Maybe like a weapon.

That's a beauty and will look awesome if you elect to re-knot it with a black knot.

Please post pics if you do so.

I'll bet it will feel like no other brush you own. I have a hard time describing how I imagine it will feel. Maybe like a weapon.

IF I have to reknot it, I'm not even partially considering anything other than black badger. I'd like for the present knot to be in excellent, shave-ready condition, but we'll see. I certainly won't disappointed if I have to stick a black badger knot in there.

Great score David. Experiment and see if you like using it as is. Then, if you do not, you can always replace the knot.

Worst case you can give it to me.

--jame

Top Bottom