What's new

Official B&B 2007 Luxury Shave Day - 04/14/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I have permission from LetterK to hold this as an official B&B event.)

Gentlemen,

As a nod to both the positive contributions/discussions (and negative cash flow to vendors) of the SoTD postings please join me on 04/14/2007 for Luxury Shave Day!

This event is open to everyone from lurkers to regulars. The point is for you to enjoy what *you* consider to be the top of the line in your shaving den. Your definition of luxury could be because of a cream's quality or a hoarded cream/soap that is no longer in production (i.e.: Coates), etc.

If you have a set-up that mirrors Joel's $1000 shaves or you just love Proraso, bring it and flaunt your shave for all to share!

A special one-day SoTD post will be created for this event late on 4/13/2007 so overseas shavers can post and join in.

Questions? Please post them in this thread and I will do my best to answer.

-- Seth

I'll go for a great shave, although since I am still a noob, and don't have the $$ for RAD,it will be my regular setup.

I'll go for a great shave, although since I am still a noob, and don't have the $$ for RAD,it will be my regular setup.

No worries at all! Newbie or not it's just meant as an event to take that extra time in the bathroom to enjoy whatever products work the best for you when it comes to a top notch shave. :)

sounds fun...nice choice picking a Saturday (so the majority of us don't have to rush). Of course, for me EVERY day is a luxury shave day...:wink:

But I will start thinking now of the most luxurious items in my little collection...

It'll be fun to see some of the fancy stuff other people use, even if all the items I'll be using will amount to $50 or less. Let's hope everyone posts a picture with their description!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sorry. I already had my luxury shave of the year on Tuesday. :lol:

Count me in. Should have my Super Speed and Fatboy by then too, so will have a chance to try them out to see if they reach the pinnacle for me. Already got my shave cream, balm and EDT (after compliments yesterday from SWMBO) decided upon :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

You don't need a lot of money to have a lot of fun. Some of my best items are far from the most expensive.

Some of my best shaves were with $5 razors and 10 cent blades, with creams I got for free.

You don't need a lot of money to have a lot of fun. Some of my best items are far from the most expensive.

Some of my best shaves were with $5 razors and 10 cent blades, with creams I got for free.

Ditto. Taylor's is my best cream, although it's pretty much the cheapest of the good stuff.

I can already see this shave now - HD with a Derby, nice long shower, Taylor's St. James with a little L'Occitane Cade soap for super-lather, some witch hazel, a splash of Aqua Velva, and finish it all up with the Cade ASB. And I'll be doing it the night before, always get my best shaves at night when I have limitless time.

What a shame, I can't use my favorite equipment on that day :(

I have an invitation to a barbecue party and after a long night and "some" beer and mead a straight shave doesn't seem do be the best idea in the world ;)

But I will happily watch the show and dream about what to buy ^^

greetings
Joe

Yep, there's no better shave than with stolen cream. :biggrin:

Taylor's Creams are the best I have and they are quite a bit cheaper than others I've bought, more money doesn't equal best product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom