What's new

How do you get your shaving cream on the brush?

I was wondering how do you guys get the cream on the brush. Do you just dip the brush right in the tub. Are you the one who that uses your fingers. Or are you the one that uses a spoon or Popsicle stick. I would make a poll but I don't know how. :001_smile

For the most part I just twirl my brush in the tub of cream and it works great. I have used my finger and that works fine as well. I have only rarely used another device like a very small spatula. I think that they all work fine. I suppose if one is concerned about water getting into the tub of cream the spatula type device or your finger would be best. I start with a fairly dry brush and add water as needed so this does not seam to be an issue for me.

Enjoy,

Doug

I squeeze a little from the tube into the center of my brush - always used creams in a tube, not a fan of tubs

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You can charge your brush just like a soap but you won't need as much charging. You can use your finger or a stick to get some shaving cream out...

I use tubes only. I squeeze a bit out and stick it directly on my face in a few places, and take the dampened brush directly to it on my face.

I finger the creme...I just take a pea size out and put it in the bowl. This way I get a controlled amount of creme to work with...not to mention that I can compare performance between different cremes better :001_smile.

if you face lather, that would be a different story...then, you may be stuck with swirling the brush in the tub

It depends. I have only one cream in a tub. TOBS Sandalwood. I swirl the brush in it a couple of times. The others are in tubes. I squeeze the right amount out and go from there. But the KMF is in a pump bottle so then I have to pump it up.

I've heard that some face lather their creams by rubbing it into the beard then attacking it with the brush.

Seems to be alot of dippers around, I just got the idea for this question from one of mantic videos where he is talking about method shaving when he is adding the paste to the brush I noticed he used a popsicle stick

As I am the proud new owner of a Robert Becker Scuttle :w00t: I load my brush with soap and use a popsicle stick to scoop out the requisite amount of cream, in this case TOBS 'Shaving Shop' into the scuttle bowl and proceed to combine the two and I then face lather. The majority of my creams, however, are in tubes so I would then just squeeze some into the scuttle bowl. Either way :thumbup:

I lather my creams in a bowl- a simple squeeze of a tube or a scoop from a tub with a plastic teaspoon gets the cream into the bowl.

Tubes I squeeze into my shaving bowl. Tubs I use an old collar stay to snag some cream and put it into the bowl.

Interesting the variety of methods.

Tubes I squeeze into my shaving bowl. Tubs I use an old collar stay to snag some cream and put it into the bowl.

Interesting the variety of methods.

I like the collar stay idea I might start doing that

Alot of you guys have the cream in the tube my only cream to come out a tube was proraso I just always got the tubs.

I like the collar stay idea I might start doing that

Alot of you guys have the cream in the tube my only cream to come out a tube was proraso I just always got the tubs.

An older Chinese man told me to do that after he saw me using my finger while shaving in the gym - and that was quite a few years ago. I am still using the same stay!

An older Chinese man told me to do that after he saw me using my finger while shaving in the gym - and that was quite a few years ago. I am still using the same stay!

I ended up finding a metal collar stay around the house and now its in the bathroom ready to be used, I admit to being a dipper but for the tubs that I share with my dad Im gonna use that idea

Top Bottom