What's new

Before, During or After Shower?

Before, During or After Shower. When do you shave?

• Before Shower

• During Shower

• After Shower

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
99% of the time I shave in the shower not because I'm pressed for time or anything just because I prefer it that way. When I go to the field I do shower at the sink and hate it.

I'm a bit intrigued by the "other" option -- does there exist a time that is not before, during, or after a shower? :laugh:

Maybe if you simply never showered. :lol:

The scene out of an early James Bond movie comes to mind, where he is shaving during a tub bath. It was a sweet setup that he had too, which included a shelf that fit across the tub to hold his shaving mirror and gear.

after.
for years i was a before the shower shaver, mostly because of clean up, changed my routine a few years ago, it's made a world of difference in my case!
it just feels better, imo.

I selected 'other' when I could have chosen 'after' - about 12 hours after :001_smile

My balance is shot to ribbons, especially if I have to close my eyes - from experience a morning shower has a good chance of resulting in a fall. I sometimes shower, but generally bathe, every evening. A hot bath immediately before going to bed is very relaxing too.

My morning routine's to set the brush soaking before breakfast, and shave afterwards. I don't need more prep than a splash of hot water before lathering - my skin's not as sensitive as I thought it was when I used a Mach 3.

I like to shave before I shower.

I mostly shave in the morning around 5am before I go to the gym. I shave and put my witch hazel and aftershave lotion on and give it time to heal my face. When I get back I shower and put my aftershave back on.

When I was still one of the "great unwashed" and using a cartridge, I shaved during my shower. Now my shower time doubles as shave prep and I shave at the basin as soon as I get out of the shower.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I usually prefer to shave before I take a shower and to re-apply an aftershave spash or balm again, as soon as I get out of the shower.

After my shower. I used to shave with a disposable in the shower. DEs, for me, require more time, more finesse, than disposables to get a good shave. Twice I used DEs in the shower and got irritation and blood. No more of that for me. :thumbup1:

Occasionally, if I'm in a huge hurry I'll shave in the shower. That said, the vast majority of my shaves are immediately following my shower.

I usually prefer to shave before I take a shower and to re-apply an aftershave spash or balm again, as soon as I get out of the shower.

Me too. I like to use a hot towel etc. as part of my prep, shave, then shower. I use WH after I shave and AS balm after I shower.

Top Bottom