What's new

Before, During or After Shower?

Before, During or After Shower. When do you shave?

• Before Shower

• During Shower

• After Shower

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I typically shower in the morning but shave at night when I have more time and can enjoy it more. So I voted for "Other".

when i first started shaving with a DE it was before a shower, then i tried it after. and that's how i do it now.

I shave after. I soak my brush in 172 degree water while showering and then load up some warm lather for a smooth shave. I sometimes shave at night, it seems to be part of a relaxing routine I've been developing. :shaving:

After. Been doing that even before I knew why (softening the hairs), simply because my dad told me so ... the power of tradition :wink2:

The only bleeds that I can remember (Gillette Trac II shaving) where when I skipped the shower, e.g. on vacation (no need for a morning shower when you spend half of the day in the swimming pool :001_smile)

After, if im going to the gym early in the morning i just have a shave before i go with no shower then shower at the gym when im done

i occasionally enjoy a cold water shave so a shower doesnt really make a difference to that

Dredging up this old poll.

My preferences have evolved over the years. I now find that I get the best results after taking a warm shower and cleaning my face with Noxzema.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I will play in this thread resurrection. I shave before my shower, always have and always will. Out here in Australia we can quite often be on water restrictions during the Summer months. I don't want to "waste" water so to speak by spending more time in the shower and using more water than I have to. Like everything shaving related we do what ever works for us.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I spent years living on a yacht. Learnt to to perform all my ablutions using no more than about 3 litres of water. That's for wet shaving, cleaning teeth and washing body. It can be done - with care and planning.

I shave first before washing.

Top Bottom