What's new

I have smelled the Veg!

I was at a gallery opening when a guard walked in front of me and a friend of mine. I immediately smelled a strong scent that I recognized as cat urine (I manage apartment buildings, so I'm very familiar with this smell), followed almost immediately by a floral, slightly spicy scent.

My gut reaction was to be taken aback by the cat urine smell, but after the floral notes hit, I was quite intrigued. There was a split second of confusion as to whether I should be repulsed or attracted to the scent. It was a visceral one-two punch that elicited two very opposite primal responses, and very involuntarily.

I'm not sure this was Lilac Vegetal I smelled, but I'm wagering it was. I'm actually quite intrigued by it now, and how it has that repulsion/attraction effect going for it. Dang, I may just pick up a bottle.

I wouldnt exactly want a scent where the top note is cat urine as you suggested. I also got cat urine when I smelled it. I dabbed a little on my arm to see what it was like and god it was awful.

I smells like you pissed yourself and tried to cover it up with floral febreeze. Just my opinion.

Here we go again!!! :lol:

P.S. In before Phil!:lol:

Edit: Guess I also better add that I have a bottle of the veg and it gets used often!

Last edited:
Me too! :thumbup:

The Veg is very contradictory. It seems to improve greatly by putting it in a glass bottle. But, it is amazingly polarizing, you either like it or hate it.

I love Lilacs and that's the smell that most gets my attention. I use it after Mama Bear's Lilac Ice soap. mmmmm :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think I'm in before Phil too...who's Phil? :lol::lol::lol:

I got a tiny vial of this stuff from a soap sale recently and it smells good in the vial, on skin it smells of lilacs then it morphs rapidly into the earthiest smell I've ever smelled, don't like it. Phil=luvmysuper

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
To each their own I always say. It does seem to be another one of those items that are posted fanatically about, one way or the other.
Gotta keep a sense of humor about these things.

To be honest, what I don't get is folks that like the smell of the Veg and hate Tabac or Like the smell of Tabac and hate the Veg, as they seem to be very complimentary scents to me.

(I like both by the way, in case it wasn't clear :lol:)

I was at a gallery opening when a guard walked in front of me and a friend of mine. I immediately smelled a strong scent that I recognized as cat urine (I manage apartment buildings, so I'm very familiar with this smell), followed almost immediately by a floral, slightly spicy scent.

My gut reaction was to be taken aback by the cat urine smell, but after the floral notes hit, I was quite intrigued. There was a split second of confusion as to whether I should be repulsed or attracted to the scent. It was a visceral one-two punch that elicited two very opposite primal responses, and very involuntarily.

I'm not sure this was Lilac Vegetal I smelled, but I'm wagering it was. I'm actually quite intrigued by it now, and how it has that repulsion/attraction effect going for it. Dang, I may just pick up a bottle.

It sounds like you walked in on someone who'd just taken a hit from a crack pipe.:blink:
-Fritz

Been picking up some guard work Phil? :tongue_sm

The cat urine is collected from the Pinaud cat farm. They're free range cats. The urine is then aged for 25 years in Oak casks. They've developed the most advanced cat urine collection system in the world. I hear it's something to do with a space age cat diaper developed by nasa in the mid 80s.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ijust picked up my first bottle of the Vegetal today from the Barber. I happened on the shop and they had full lines of the old school barbershop products. I smelled it but haven't used it yet . . .

The cat urine is collected from the Pinaud cat farm. They're free range cats. The urine is then aged for 25 years in Oak casks. They've developed the most advanced cat urine collection system in the world. I hear it's something to do with a space age cat diaper developed by nasa in the mid 80s.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Brilliant!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

They are indeed free range. It's more of a ranch than a farm though;

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQv0tFJltQI[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom